PDA

View Full Version : Dry Ends, No Splits?

A. Correira
April 16th, 2013, 04:55 PM
The past two months or so I have noticed that my ends feel very dry... I'm a little concerned because I don't have any splits! I'm not sure what the problem is...A few months ago my hair was fine, the ends were soft and I was happy.

Do any of you know what the problem could be? It visually looks fine but it feels dry. :taz:

I wash every other day and I use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I always use moisturizing whether my hair is damaged or not and my ends have never rejected moisture before. I also apply oil to the ends of my hair every day but it still doesn't help. I have dusted the ends myself and still nothing. I tried using coconut oil and left in on for a few hours and it helped for a few days... but then after I washed again, it was back to where it was before! HELPPPPP!!!!!

Do I need protein? What could I need?

lunalocks
April 16th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I have found that coconut oil or shampoo dries out my ends. I started a catnip soak (one minute) after CWC and also neem oil at night and my ends are smooth and silky now.

pocketsmall
April 16th, 2013, 05:22 PM
My ends get dry sometimes (I think it's due to season changes rather than damage) but I never get split ends. I honestly have not found a split end in years. When my ends feel more dry than usual I condition them a little longer than normal.

leslissocool
April 16th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I'd clarify, then deep moisture. Maybe it's build up.

cooklaezo13
April 16th, 2013, 06:54 PM
I second the suggestion that its build-up. My ends feel horribly dry when I haven't clarified in a while. Then I clarify and it's like they are magically soft again!

midbackorbust
April 17th, 2013, 01:17 AM
I used to have really dry ends but I started oiling them a few times a week and they've improved a lot.
Maybe try that?

Cristina84
April 17th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Hi!
try to use water without limestone or to put a very little quantity of citric acid in the water that you use to rinse

jacqueline101
April 17th, 2013, 03:20 AM
After you clarify I'd use a little baby oil. It's helped my dry ends.

Kayleigh
April 17th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I recognize this. It drove me crazy! I had 6cm cut off and it didn't help one bit. I still haven't figured it out. It's one part build-up for me, but when I clarify it doesn't completely solve the problem. Protein seems to make it worse for me, I only recommend that when your hair is really brittle and stretchy.

A. Correira
April 17th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Thank you Everyone! I think that I am going to try clarifying when I wash my hair tomorrow morning and then do a deep conditioning. I don't think that it needs protein, the strands themselves are fine, just the ends need a little boost. Hopefully the clarification helps.

Kyaatje
April 17th, 2013, 01:35 PM
success with the clarifying ! Normally that should do the trick :-)

A. Correira
April 18th, 2013, 09:03 PM
I think Clarifying did the trick! My hair was so soft this morning! Ends and all. My hair was a bit static-y but at least my ends feel better!

catamonica
April 22nd, 2013, 11:30 AM
My ends are dry to. After I wash my hair, I use half conditioner & half olive oil mixed in a tiny bottle on my ends. Twice for one
minute. It makes my ends soft.