PDA

View Full Version : Am I midback yet? Or just at BSL?

CurlyCurves
April 16th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Heya guys,

Against my better judgement, I gave into temptation and flat ironed my hair :eek:

My last length check was in January, exactly on the 16th actually. THIS IS AN OLD PIC, FROM JANUARY.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/59563_10200384821563542_2081557366_n.jpg

Here is my hair today, on the 16th April. Not the best pics, I'm afraid, and my hemline is a MESS. I trimmed about an inch or an inch and a half a month or so ago, but it's not too much of an issue seeing as it's not noticable when my hair's curly. I don't plan to flat iron for a long time. Experienced some heat damage. Silly of me to flat iron again, but the urge was strong! Oh well, hopefully it'll be okay.

Pics:

http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws.com/4a7e7674a6df11e29d4222000a9e0706_7.jpg

http://distilleryimage10.s3.amazonaws.com/6c25a266a6df11e2b97522000a1f97e9_7.jpg

http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com/440c997aa6de11e29aee22000a9f38e6_7.jpg

Growth check

http://distilleryimage10.s3.amazonaws.com/7b526f98a6e011e2aeca22000a9f18e5_7.jpg

Thanks everyone, and hope you're all okay :)

shutterpillar
April 16th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I say not quite... maybe 2 or so more inches. But you're getting there! :)

CurlyCurves
April 16th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I say not quite... maybe 2 or so more inches. But you're getting there! :)

Thanks for your reply :)

Okay, another couple of months and I'll be there! :D

faellen
April 16th, 2013, 05:31 PM
I'd say BSL :) your hair looks so shiny! Don't worry about the flat ironing, just baby it. I imagine it is useful when determining hair length!

minxe
April 16th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I'd say just barely BSL... maybe a few inches or so from midback. Your hair looks like it's in great condition, though! You'll get there :)

Magalo
April 16th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Top of bra strap!

door72067
April 16th, 2013, 06:56 PM
I call it just dusting BSL

Sarahlabyrinth
April 16th, 2013, 07:09 PM
I would say your longest hairs would be just touching BSL ( I count Bsl as bottom of bra strap).

goldloli
April 16th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Yeah I'd say when you first called bsl, it was still inbetween apl and bsl. Now it actually looks to be touching bsl. You dont seem to have many inches between your markers though (bsl to mbl to waist look super close) so progress should be quick for you! Out of curiosity, how tall are you? I'm 5'7/8 and my milestones look way further apart. waist was something like 32+ inches with a 7 inch expanse from bsl.

jacqueline101
April 17th, 2013, 03:26 AM
I'd say bsl.

torrilin
April 17th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Midback and BSL are the same thing IMO. Midback is fairly gender neutral, BSL assumes you're wearing a bra. I generally count BSL as touching the bottom of the bra strap, but most folks seem ok with touching the top. The difference is maybe as much as 2" if you wear a large cup size (ie, strap more than 3 hooks wide... even most G or H cup bras have a strap that's 2 hooks wide), and for most of us, it's more like 1". If you're not wearing a bra, I'd use "covers the shoulder blades" as the measure.

bunzfan
April 17th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Sorry to disappoint but i would say more like fully BSL i think your need another few inches to be MBL like were your bra top finishes. Your hair is looking lovely and healthy though :thumbsup:

CurlyMopTop
April 18th, 2013, 06:15 AM
I'd say BSL. Looking healthy! :D

Kherome
April 18th, 2013, 07:09 AM
I call it just dusting BSL

This for sure

heidi w.
April 18th, 2013, 12:22 PM
You are just at the beginning of BSL Length hair. Bra strap lenght is where you are, firmly.
The top of the bra line is BSL length, not mid=back length.
heidi w.
PS Sorry for the typos.

patienceneeded
April 18th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I'm going to say BSL. Your torso looks longer than mine, I'd say MBL is another 1-2" on you.

On me, BSL and MBL are essentially the same...I have an incredibly short torso. I wear my pants low and my shirts long to give the illusion that my torso is longer than it is. Essentially, my body goes from legs, to hip, to chest. No real torso or waist to speak of. Just legs and chest.

lolar
April 18th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I voted bsl I think you have a couple of inches before mid back. Lovely hair btw!

anitacs9101
April 19th, 2013, 12:06 AM
It looks like you have a short lil torso. I'd say you are verrryyyy close. In the second new pic especially it looks like you've only got a few inches to go until brushing waist so I'd say you'll be MBL in 1 or 2 inches. Or maybe it's just the angle? *shrug*

Syaoransbear
April 19th, 2013, 12:23 AM
I'm confused by the people saying that you are just barely at BSL, and I can only guess that they are looking at the picture you have of your hair from january and not your current hair picture. Maybe it would be less confusing if you only had your current hair picture?

Naiadryade
April 19th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Definitely a solid BSL now, whereas in January you were what I might name "can I call this BSL".

Yeah I'd say when you first called bsl, it was still inbetween apl and bsl. Now it actually looks to be touching bsl. You dont seem to have many inches between your markers though (bsl to mbl to waist look super close) so progress should be quick for you! Out of curiosity, how tall are you? I'm 5'7/8 and my milestones look way further apart. waist was something like 32+ inches with a 7 inch expanse from bsl.

Clearly I'm not the OP, but I wanted to speak to this question anyway for the sake of science! Sorry for the derail, everybody. I'm short (5'2"), and I find that the milestones between APL and Hip for me are quite close together compared to others here. APL is 23", BSL is 26", Waist is 29.5", Hip is 32". So only 2.5"-3.5" between each milestone! But I wonder how much of this is because I'm short, and how much is just that people have different body proportions. Because apparently I have a large pelvis compared to some others I've read of on here... TBL for me is at 39", a whole 7 inches beyond Hip. Which is quite a bit more than the 3" goals I'm used to at the moment.

door72067
April 19th, 2013, 05:52 AM
I said "dusting bsl" because to me, there's more hair *not* at bsl, than there is

I am near waist, and a few racer hairs are def ~there~, but I wouldn't feel comfortable saying I am *at waist* until much more of my hair is also At Waist

I look at it this way, if I were to get a blunt cut at my shortest spot, where would I be? and *that* is where I feel I am (I would be solidly in the mid-back abyss, and OP would *not* be at bsl)

it's really all subjective, since as you point out, we are all proportioned differently and everyone's view of a certain milestone seems to be a bit different as well

anitacs9101
April 19th, 2013, 10:54 PM
I'm confused by the people saying that you are just barely at BSL, and I can only guess that they are looking at the picture you have of your hair from january and not your current hair picture. Maybe it would be less confusing if you only had your current hair picture?

Some people call BSL at the bottom of the strap. But yeah, "just dusting brastrap" is a little bit out there haha.

CurlyCurves
April 20th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Thank you so much everyone for participating, and for the kind compliments.

I think I'm at BSL. I would have been fully there if it weren't for the trim, but it was needed :(