PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Supplement?

Tehillim408
April 16th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Hey guys! I'm back after taking a long break from LHC and going through lots of major changes, including a haircut that I now totally regret. I cut it just above shoulder length and now I'm eager to grow it out again!

Do you have a favorite supplement that could help speed things up? I'm breastfeeding, so my baby gets most of my nutrients. I'm sure a pre-natal wouldn't hurt.

Xxanderia
April 16th, 2013, 03:51 PM
One of my favorites is MSM. At one point I was taking both MSM and Evening Primrose Oil at the same time and was having great results.
Good luck!

Angelica
April 17th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I just want to say congratulations regarding your baby. Can't off you any hair advice though, but good luck with the baby and breastfeeding :)

jacqueline101
April 17th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Congratulation on the baby and I like a few flaxseed, msm, multi vitamin.

door72067
April 17th, 2013, 12:38 PM
I've been taking a daily multi vitamin, biotin and a "hair skin nails" vitamin....my nails def are improving and my hair seems to feel thicker at the roots, but I have not concrete evidence to support that theory

congrats on the new one

maybe your doc could recommend the best path for you, esp since you are breastfeeding?

leslissocool
April 17th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Consult with the pediatrician before you add any supplements other than a prenatal vitamin.

Prenatal vitamins are great in general. I'd add biotin and msm but I am not sure how good biotin and msm is for little ones (and how strong your dose should be).

HadessThera
April 17th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Biotin, I have also started taking the Vital Hair, Skin and Nails multivitamin but I must say that I love Biotin and others have commented on my hair growth and health since I have started taking it, I've heard some people say that it has given them skin issues and/or migraines but I haven't experienced anything negative at all from taking it and it's water soluble so the risk of side effects/overdoing it is exceptionally low, I take a very high dosage daily

Allychan
April 18th, 2013, 01:51 AM
My favourite is the Swisse women's multivitamin because it contains a heap of herbal extracts and I also like MSM. Started taking FoTi and had a growth spurt but to soon to tell if it was the FoTi

Sarahlabyrinth
April 18th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Congratulations on your baby! I have just begun taking brewer's yeast tablets, it is supposed to be good for hair growth but I only started 3 days ago so it is a little early to see any results yet. Happy growing! I am also trying to drink more water and to get some exercise most days, ie a walk around the block, also more protein and fruits and vegetables can only be good.

KwaveT
April 18th, 2013, 02:57 PM
MSM is sulfur. That is fourth most common nutrient in the body. Just about every cell in your body needs sulfur so it doesn't get wasted. You are in trouble if MSM is poisonous to the unborn child. Only thing you should have to concern with is that sulfur of MSM will trigger your body to detox. Toxins themselves may harm the unborn baby.

Mesmerise
April 18th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I take MSM and occasionally a hair, skin and nails supplement with biotin. I also try to consume plenty of coconut oil daily (which seems good for the skin, and thus hopefully the hair too). I also take fermented cod liver oil, fermented skate liver oil and butter oil (nom nom) just because I'm pretty convinced all three of those are good for everything!

kidari
April 18th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Congratulations on your baby! I agree to make sure it is safe in regards to breastfeeding first. I can't take biotin because it makes me break out on my body (mostly my back and sometimes on my face). However, I have had great luck with silica. I take the liquid drops, the brand I use is "Biosil" and I purchased it at my local health food store and then bought a bigger size online on Amazon as it was much cheaper. I've been using it for I'm guessing about 6 months now and when I put my hair in a topknot I have sooooooooooo many baby hairs all over the place I look crazy. When I gather all of my hair in a ponytail at the very top of my head including my grown out bangs, the gain in thickness is undeniable. I have had slightly faster growth as well. I need to restock on my 3rd bottle of it soon.