PDA

View Full Version : Happy hair moments?

MaryO
April 16th, 2013, 03:21 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while and couldn't find a similar post so here we go...

I'm sure for most of us here hair plays a rather big role in your life. Things (hair related) that other people don't necessarily think of gives us waves of pleasure!
Here's a place to share them. :-)

I'll go first:

I was elated the other day to see a big bunch of baby hairs coming out, I need all that I can get! ;-)
Also- I'm waiting for my very first BBB, can't wait. I'm also having a lot of fun tickling my kid with my fringe (he is also very amused!)

Any one else want to share some happy hair moments?

jacqueline101
April 16th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Those are nice things to accomplish. Mine was establishing a wash routine that works for me, boar bristle brush, and making it to bra strap length.

door72067
April 16th, 2013, 05:46 AM
I just got my first Flexi-8's...that made me hair-happy :)

Bagginslover
April 16th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Learning a new bun, that is both solid, and loose at the same time :)

Kaelee
April 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I managed a perfect half-up cinnamon bun yesterday. Still can't manage one with my full hair.

I woke up this morning and my hair is NOT trying to kill me! I thought it was going to succeed in eating my Ficcarissimo yesterday. :lol:

MissAlida
April 16th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I put my hair up in a messy bun with a rather heavy metallic pen I had on me while at class. It was the only thing I could use, and my hair was too hot. I must say, several girls were amazed when they asked me if the pen alone is keeping my hair in the bun, and I replied yes. I see hairsticks once in a while, maybe once a month on girls. They're not very common here. :)

Seeshami
April 16th, 2013, 12:15 PM
When I win the battle

The Naughty Mess says, "Which is never because you end up taking me down eventually."

Po-ta-to, Pot-a-to Mess, when I get you up and you last all day I win,

The Naughty Mess says, "What ever let you sleep at night." :rolleyes: "loser"

millyaulait
April 16th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I can finally see some roots coming through, I've had a looooong growth stall so I'm really happy to be growing again! :o

Also, I figured out the lazy-wrap bun, it's a little loose but I am terrible at buns/updos so this is quite the achievement for me! :lol:

Garnet66
April 16th, 2013, 08:24 PM
It was today. I can finally put my sides up with combs. I looked in the mirror and saw an inch and a half of virgin roots. Ahhh..it looked so pretty. I LOVE MY HAIR!

Mandie
April 17th, 2013, 12:21 AM
After a discouraging month of absolutely zero growth I made 1/2" last month, and am already at about 1/2" this month and it's only halfway through. Yay! I think my vitamins are finally having an effect!

EndlessSunshine
April 17th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Hair is shiny and looking great. Had a server ask how I got my hair to look so perfect, husband responded with "she uses olive oil and natural stuff and it works!" Lol

PrincessIdril
April 17th, 2013, 01:16 PM
I have just managed my first ever Dutch Lace Braid!
Granted it's only about 3 inches long and rather loose, but I did it!

HadessThera
April 17th, 2013, 03:00 PM
My mother told me my hair is shining like a glossy starling, don't know if everyone knows this bird or not but it has shimmery, iridescent feathers :)

NightOwl26
April 17th, 2013, 07:09 PM
I finally cracked down and bought volumizing and thickening products from Sally's. I'm happy how my fine/thin hair looks and feels thicker! :D