PDA

View Full Version : Cayenne and Soya for hairgrowth

ChloeDharma
March 18th, 2008, 07:17 AM
In one of my searches i found an articla about a Japanese study on the effects of Capsaicin (found in cayenne) and the isoflavone found in Soya and it's effect on the growth of hair.

http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateCayenne7-07.html

Anyone else thinking of having a tofu chilli tonight?? ;) (actually i was joking but now i really do fancy that!)

jojo
March 18th, 2008, 07:22 AM
oh thats interesting, tofu chillie all round, wonder if soya milk has the same effect? soya is also excellent in eradicating menopausal symptoms too, hot sweats and stuff!

ChloeDharma
March 18th, 2008, 07:31 AM
oh thats interesting, tofu chillie all round, wonder if soya milk has the same effect? soya is also excellent in eradicating menopausal symptoms too, hot sweats and stuff!

Yeah i think the milk does have those in too. I'm not a fan of it usually but there's a chocolate soya milk that i really like so i might start having that daily.....purely for therapeutic purposes of course ;)

jojo
March 18th, 2008, 07:46 AM
oh i love soya milk, you could always pour it on your hair, well people put coconut milk on!

ChloeDharma
March 18th, 2008, 07:58 AM
oh i love soya milk, you could always pour it on your hair, well people put coconut milk on!

I have thought of that actually.....thanks for reminding me. Sainsburys do their cheap basics soya milk. Also there was a thread a couple of years back on using almond milk as a hair soak and it seemed very successful, but i've also wondered about oat milk too.....someone could have alot of fun with this! Oat milk i think is meant to be quite easy to make if the price is off-putting.

eccentricquirks
March 18th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Soy milk is relatively easy to make, as is tofu.....plus cheap to boot if you have a good source for the beans.......

I've been pondering this a while, as well. I always seem to have a growth spurt when I go vegetarian and this might be a part of the reason......

*is thinking about getting some tofu wrangled for this next week*

stepha
March 18th, 2008, 09:15 PM
So you DON"T mean as a hair mask?

ChloeDharma
March 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM
So you DON"T mean as a hair mask?

The study was talking about oral administration.....but i rekon a hairmask might be good anyway. But yes......eating the stuff.

quidscribis
March 19th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Yes, cayenne can be used as a hair mask, and I've also read it can be helpful in stimulating hair growth that way, but be careful with the amount of cayenne you use or your scalp WILL burn.

tiny_teesha
March 25th, 2008, 04:31 AM
I drink soy almost every day, i hate cows milk (tad lactose intolerant)
and i never have cayene....but i might start......

ChloeDharma
August 18th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Just wondering how this thread ended up in conventional products :confused:

starla_zero
August 24th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Woah, seriously, all I eat is chilli tofu! Tofu is pretty much my favourite food. Either with chopped chillis or flakes, it's my favourite order from the Chinese takeaway too, so this study makes me happpyyyyyy :D