PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd year anniversary and meeting my goal!

Irish Fae
April 14th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Last weekend was my 2nd year anniversary at LHC! I can't believe it! I am truly fortunate to have found this website and all of the wonderful, helpful people here. When I arrived, my hair was absolutely fried from almost daily straightening to maintain a hairstyle that was fun (at the time) but very unsuitable for my 2a/b waves. Since then, I have slowly grown to embrace and love my waves, especially at waist length. Learning how to properly care for my hair has given me the opportunity to enjoy - rather than hate - my texture for the first time in my adult life! I still have a few inches of past damage to gradually trim away, and I do continue to colour my hair with henna glosses and semi-permanent dye, so I can't claim to have entirely natural hair, but I no longer straighten it into submission or attempt to brush out all of my waves! In fact, I have even been using an Aveda product to help encourage waves. This is a big step for me. :)

I wish I had a photo of my hair when I first came here, but it was lost in the server upgrade! I remember what it looked like... it was awful! My hair was just at BSL and full of splits, white dots and frizz.

This is my hair today, with my natural texture. No one was available to take a photo for me, so I'm afraid the bathroom mirror will have to do. My hair is at waist length here, but the bottom of the photo is so dark that it is difficult to see. I gave myself a microtrim a week ago to eliminate split ends.
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/captainlonewolf/1aca8a5a-e7e8-45d5-abde-d2816ba96526_zpsa1162a68.jpg

Below is a much better photo of my hair from several weeks ago. I would like to have this amount of curl every day, but my texture varies quite a lot, and I'm not sure which products I used to get these waves. I am still experimenting. Moisture definitely makes a huge difference!!

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/captainlonewolf/DSC00776_zps1a435101.jpg

And, just for fun... this is my "fantasy goal" hair. I can dream, yes? :crush:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1840&d=1359013240

Thank you for everything, LHC! This is a lovely place! :flower:

Yozhik
April 14th, 2013, 08:18 PM
What gorgeous hair you have! :flowers:

Happy anniversary - I'd say you've already achieved your fantasy dream hair, plus yours has the benefit of being real and attached to your head.:)

Your hair looks like it's in fantastic condition, and I also really like the texture. What is your hair typing/thickness? I think we might be 'hair cousins' if not exactly hair twins (because your hair looks both wavier and thicker than mine). :flower:

NymphSpirit
April 14th, 2013, 08:51 PM
WOW, your hair is so beautiful!! I love the contrast the shine creates, the reddish hue and how it curls at the ends, and imo you don't even have to dream, I believe it looks just like your fantasy inspiration if not more beautiful :D

dulce
April 14th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Your hair IS beautiful!! Just as pretty as your fantasy inspiration.Well done!

Redhead Rebel
April 14th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Your hair is beautiful, I hope I can acheive what you have on my 2nd anniversary :)

And I agree, you hair is already better than your dream hair!

MaryO
April 15th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Wow, your hair is super close to your fantasy hair picture. I love you colour!

Quahatundightu
April 15th, 2013, 04:39 AM
If you ask me, you already have your fantasy hair! It looks great :D Congrats!

bunzfan
April 15th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Your hair is so gorgeous!! it looks so healthy now :crush:

shutterpillar
April 15th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Very pretty!

jacqueline101
April 15th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Your hair is pretty. Congrats on your second anniversary.

Louise148
April 15th, 2013, 06:52 AM
I'd say you already have your fantasy goal hair. It's beautiful!!!!

Neecola
April 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
What everyone else said - you already have your fanatasy hair! It's gorgeous!! Happy Anniversary!

Micayla47
April 15th, 2013, 11:54 AM
beautiful! thanks for sharing and inspiring :)

door72067
April 15th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I also say *fantasy achieved*!

very pretty hair!

NataschaB.
April 15th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Gorgeous hair!

Nebulae
April 15th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Aaah! Dream hair right there :thudpile: :crush:
Congratulations! It looks so beautiful and I chime in with all the others about your fantasy hair :)

missfaroe
April 15th, 2013, 01:40 PM
your hair is gorgeous!! congratulations! :o

BrightEyes
April 15th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Your hair is beautiful! The color is so shiny and rich and I love your curls:)

utdesertrunner
April 15th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Your hair is beautiful! I agree that it looks just like your fantasy hair!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 15th, 2013, 05:04 PM
You already have your fantasy hair! And it is in better condition than your fantasy hair too, shinier! You can be very proud!

Irish Fae
April 15th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Thank you so much, everyone! Your incredibly kind compliments have made my day! :flower:

Irish Fae
April 15th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Aww, thank you! I do believe that we are hair twins or hair cousins!! Your hair is absolutely beautiful!! :D

My hair is 2a/b and ii/iii thickness.

What gorgeous hair you have! :flowers:

Happy anniversary - I'd say you've already achieved your fantasy dream hair, plus yours has the benefit of being real and attached to your head.:)

Your hair looks like it's in fantastic condition, and I also really like the texture. What is your hair typing/thickness? I think we might be 'hair cousins' if not exactly hair twins (because your hair looks both wavier and thicker than mine). :flower:

AngryVikingGirl
April 16th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Aww, that is awesome! Congratulations on meeting your goal!

Yozhik
April 16th, 2013, 07:01 PM
:thumbsup: Definitely hair siblings, then!

I'm 2 b/c (although with this length it's probably closer to b), ii/iii (more or less, depending on shedding). :)

leslissocool
April 16th, 2013, 07:10 PM
GORGEOUS! You totally made your fantasy hair goal, it's absolutely stunning! :blossom:

My hair is 2a/b and ii/iii thickness.

OMG you are my hair twin!

CurlyMopTop
April 18th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Your hair looks way better than your dream hair!

Maelyssa
April 20th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Last weekend was my 2nd year anniversary at LHC! I can't believe it! I am truly fortunate to have found this website and all of the wonderful, helpful people here. When I arrived, my hair was absolutely fried from almost daily straightening to maintain a hairstyle that was fun (at the time) but very unsuitable for my 2a/b waves. Since then, I have slowly grown to embrace and love my waves, especially at waist length. Learning how to properly care for my hair has given me the opportunity to enjoy - rather than hate - my texture for the first time in my adult life! I still have a few inches of past damage to gradually trim away, and I do continue to colour my hair with henna glosses and semi-permanent dye, so I can't claim to have entirely natural hair, but I no longer straighten it into submission or attempt to brush out all of my waves! In fact, I have even been using an Aveda product to help encourage waves. This is a big step for me. :)

I wish I had a photo of my hair when I first came here, but it was lost in the server upgrade! I remember what it looked like... it was awful! My hair was just at BSL and full of splits, white dots and frizz.

This is my hair today, with my natural texture. No one was available to take a photo for me, so I'm afraid the bathroom mirror will have to do. My hair is at waist length here, but the bottom of the photo is so dark that it is difficult to see. I gave myself a microtrim a week ago to eliminate split ends.
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/captainlonewolf/1aca8a5a-e7e8-45d5-abde-d2816ba96526_zpsa1162a68.jpg

Below is a much better photo of my hair from several weeks ago. I would like to have this amount of curl every day, but my texture varies quite a lot, and I'm not sure which products I used to get these waves. I am still experimenting. Moisture definitely makes a huge difference!!

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/captainlonewolf/DSC00776_zps1a435101.jpg

And, just for fun... this is my "fantasy goal" hair. I can dream, yes? :crush:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1840&d=1359013240

Thank you for everything, LHC! This is a lovely place! :flower:

Belated congrats and your hair is looking wonderful..l.keep it up! And that fantasy pic is gorgeous...simply gorgeous artwork. :)

Irish Fae
April 20th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Thank you so much!!! :blossom:

Irish Fae
April 20th, 2013, 08:57 PM
I would love to be your hair twin. You have stunning hair!!!!
GORGEOUS! You totally made your fantasy hair goal, it's absolutely stunning! :blossom:

OMG you are my hair twin!

Irish Fae
April 20th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Thank you!! The picture is by Nene Thomas. I absolutely love her work, and this piece is one of my favourites. :)
Belated congrats and your hair is looking wonderful..l.keep it up! And that fantasy pic is gorgeous...simply gorgeous artwork. :)