Sheylenna
April 14th, 2013, 11:45 AM
http://sheyasan.tripod.com/pics/myhairquestion.jpg

nobeltonya
April 14th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Maybe you need cones [leave-in] or don't brush it.. try finger-combing? :disco:

Rosethorn
April 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Sadly, mine's the same way. It refuses to hold any kind of curl. This isn't terribly helpful but, you aren't alone.

MissTulip
April 14th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Have you ever tried the steam curlers by Caruso? They're still sold online. The curls last ALL day!

Sheylenna
April 14th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Maybe you need cones [leave-in] or don't brush it.. try finger-combing? :disco:

Problem with cones they leave my hair so silky that even a ponytail holder slips out, twice or 3times as fast as with out cones.... but maybe you are right this is the first time I have curled my hair since before I stopped using cones.... maybe they will help with the curl since my hair lost the curl in an hour and usually if takes half a day. Before I brushed it I finger combed it that that is the un-brushed pic after only an hour of taking the curlers out. And just after taking the curlers out it was bouncy and curly and made me happy.

I wonder if maybe I should use a curl booster and curlers......

Sheylenna
April 14th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Have you ever tried the steam curlers by Caruso? They're still sold online. The curls last ALL day!

I used to use umm oh I forget what they were called they were a stick that you put in and device and made them hot the twirled the hair around and twisted the stick to hold it till it was cold it did not work very well. and I have hot curlers but not enough to cover my head. Heck I had a hair stylist take a curling iron and Hair spray to my hair one day and the curls were gone in less then 8 hours.

kpzra
April 14th, 2013, 01:39 PM
My hair doesn't hold curl very well at all, it never has. It doesn't matter what I do for prep or afterwards, nice curls just don't stick around. The horrible frizzie ones I got from too small sponge rollers once lasted forever, but that was it. :rolleyes:

spidermom
April 14th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Me too.
Five minutes after curlers came out:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/2013-2-9036_zps71594d22.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/spidermom/media/2013-2-9036_zps71594d22.jpg.html)
One hour after curlers came out:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/2013-2-9035_zpsd5e15344.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/spidermom/media/2013-2-9035_zpsd5e15344.jpg.html)

My hair was rolled when damp with a mousse designed for enhancing curl (the closest thing I had to a setting gel). I've figured out that my hair is just too long; the weight pulls all the curl out. It held curl much better when shorter and lightly layered.

rock007junkie
April 14th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Are you doing this on dry hair? If you are that may be the problem. I find that hair takes curls easier if you set them on damp hair ( not soaking but spraying your hair with a bit of water so it takes the form of the curler). Also using some sort of styler product usually helps keep the curl longer. After you spray your hair apply a little bit of gel and then wrap it with the roller. I promise if you follow these two steps the curls will be more noticeable and stay longer.

spidermom
April 14th, 2013, 01:44 PM
PS: Some hair types won't hold a curl no matter what you do. My straight-haired niece wanted curls so bad. The best results were from hair curled on strips of fabric from damp until dry, and the curl only lasted half a day, although she kept more body than usual for the whole day. I talked her out of getting a perm because I knew it would never hold but fry her hair in the attempt.

Oh, and P.S: Never-ever brush curled hair. Don't even comb it, just use your fingers to arrange curls but try not to break them up. They will loosen and blend on their own over time.

heidi w.
April 14th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I was born with stick-straight curl, and if my hair is curled, it takes several hours, and/or a very little bit of wind to blow it out. It's the way it is. For many, it becomes impossible to curl at a certain length since the hair overall is rather a bit heavier than usual. So enjoy what you've got while you can.
heidi w.

jacqueline101
April 14th, 2013, 01:52 PM
You could try a holding agent.

Carolyn
April 14th, 2013, 02:01 PM
My hair has never held a curl either. A wet set on magnetic rollers will give me a curl for a couple of hours, 3 if I am lucky and it's not a humid day. It's the same for my hot rollers and Carusos. Even Carusos can't give a lasting curl in some hair. Embrace your straightness.

Sheylenna
April 14th, 2013, 02:04 PM
My hair doesn't hold curl very well at all, it never has. It doesn't matter what I do for prep or afterwards, nice curls just don't stick around. The horrible frizzie ones I got from too small sponge rollers once lasted forever, but that was it. :rolleyes:

With the curlers I used I double them up. My other problem is that I can't keep my hands out of my hair. except that one time that I use a curling iron and lots of hair spray and it was still down quick....

Sheylenna
April 14th, 2013, 02:11 PM
PS: Some hair types won't hold a curl no matter what you do. My straight-haired niece wanted curls so bad. The best results were from hair curled on strips of fabric from damp until dry, and the curl only lasted half a day, although she kept more body than usual for the whole day. I talked her out of getting a perm because I knew it would never hold but fry her hair in the attempt.

Oh, and P.S: Never-ever brush curled hair. Don't even comb it, just use your fingers to arrange curls but try not to break them up. They will loosen and blend on their own over time.

I have Permed my hair sometimes the perm is great curly and bouncy and happy but the last time I did it it looked like flyaway braidwaves.... lucky for me I can do things to my hair that will kill someone else's hair (like bleach it 3 times in a row on the same day) and it still is soft and silky. for some reason my hair seems to like the coloring and bleaching and perming and straightening and blow drying and all that stuff cause when I'm being hard on my hair it is much shiner and more volume then when I'm being gentle.

MY HAIR IS WEIRD!!!!! >^ . ^;<

Actually take my avatar pic.... that is after bleaching it 3 times in one day and a few months later coloring it in a double process see how shiny it is take my pics from today see how dull and un shiny they are? That's after babying my hair with no cones and lots of oil and no heat or product meh like I said WEIRD!

nobeltonya
April 14th, 2013, 02:14 PM
If your hair is too slippery to hold with a ponytail holder, you could also try to use an upzing! I found those hold really well for ponytails. :) :disco:

Sheylenna
April 14th, 2013, 02:21 PM
If your hair is too slippery to hold with a ponytail holder, you could also try to use an upzing! I found those hold really well for ponytails. :) :disco:

I have several they hold even less well then a ponytail holder. I have some hair sticks that my hair likes they stay well but I can't drive with them. my hair stays well enough its just that if I have a low pony the holder slips down and down and it annoys me High pony's stay for the most part and so do braids.

Soo how come you can have a siggy pic but mine does not show up?

nobeltonya
April 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM
No idea about your pic.. I know it has to be a certain size. Otherwise, if you upload the pic and save it, it should show up.. also make sure that in the text box where you edit your signature text it should say [ sigpic ] [ / sigpic ] (w/o the spaces) :disco:

FireFromWithin
April 14th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Some hair just doesn't hold a curl, mine did but then I had the bleach damage cut out and now it won't. So presumably y hair only hold a curl when damaged and its not worth it for me to heat style. There are hairspray type things designed for enhancing curls. If you wet and sprayed your hair then set it overnight it might hold better

kdaniels8811
April 14th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Sock buns curl my uncurlable hair, I get the best compliments after taking the bun down. Bouncy curls, shiny hair in about 24 hours. I know, pictures...

Seeshami
April 14th, 2013, 04:13 PM
The naughty mess says, "Because it doesn't feel like it"

The naughty mess has taught me many things and the biggest one is that hair will do what it wants no matter what you do and that it has absolutely no regard what so ever for anything but itself.

The naughty mess says, "Are you tactfully saying I am short sighted self absorbed egotistcal hair monster? Just because I am disinclined to acquiesce your idiot requests of servitude?"

Yup.

WilfredAllen
April 14th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I dont know why yours wont hold... mine never holds curl or straightening no matter what

ravenreed
April 14th, 2013, 09:17 PM
My hair has always done this, even at shorter lengths. It is one reason that I never got into flat or curling irons. I figured it would just fall out after an hour too.

Me too.
Five minutes after curlers came out:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/2013-2-9036_zps71594d22.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/spidermom/media/2013-2-9036_zps71594d22.jpg.html)
One hour after curlers came out:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/2013-2-9035_zpsd5e15344.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/user/spidermom/media/2013-2-9035_zpsd5e15344.jpg.html)

My hair was rolled when damp with a mousse designed for enhancing curl (the closest thing I had to a setting gel). I've figured out that my hair is just too long; the weight pulls all the curl out. It held curl much better when shorter and lightly layered.

Syaoransbear
April 14th, 2013, 09:37 PM
An hour doesn't seem very long. When I want curls to stay, I leave them in my hair overnight after putting them in my hair when my hair is soaking wet. In the morning I have curls that never come out unless I shower again, but I have wavy hair to begin with.

spirals
April 14th, 2013, 10:43 PM
This reminds me of when my nephew pulled on one of my curls and let it go. He said, "Why doesn't it stay straight?" It does what it wants.

Sheylenna
April 14th, 2013, 11:29 PM
My hair has always done this, even at shorter lengths. It is one reason that I never got into flat or curling irons. I figured it would just fall out after an hour too.

My hair flat irons fine and holds the straightness great just wish it would do the same for the curls

Sheylenna
April 14th, 2013, 11:32 PM
An hour doesn't seem very long. When I want curls to stay, I leave them in my hair overnight after putting them in my hair when my hair is soaking wet. In the morning I have curls that never come out unless I shower again, but I have wavy hair to begin with.

Oohh lucky if I put my hair up in anything while wet (even braids) it NEVER dries or seams like it anyway. Leave it and it dries quick blow it and it dries quicker. My hair stylist once was astonished at how fast my hair dries when blown.

Sheylenna
April 15th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Sock buns curl my uncurlable hair, I get the best compliments after taking the bun down. Bouncy curls, shiny hair in about 24 hours. I know, pictures...
So I just found out that either my hair hates sock buns or I'm doing it wrong or it's to long to do it the way I want.... I watched a tutorial on Youtube and everything too.

MaryO
April 15th, 2013, 12:53 AM
My hair doesn't like to curl either... Sometimes it will hold a curl for a couple of minutes and then go straight again but I've made peace with the fact! :-)

ravenreed
April 15th, 2013, 02:04 AM
I have slept on curlers overnight. It doesn't much matter to my hair. I have wavy hair too, but it has always done its own thing.

Lielananna
April 15th, 2013, 06:57 AM
My hair has never held curl well. Even when I had shoulder length hair my cousin tried using a curling iron and a ton of hairspray on it and the curls still fell out within an hour. The only way I've ever been able to get my hair to do any kind of curl/wave is to put it in curlers or a braid while wet (can't even be damp) and let it dry completely before taking it out. Sadly that process takes forever; my hair takes forever to dry no matter what, but it takes even longer when it is confined by something. Sorry I'm not a whole lot of help but some hair just doesn't like to change it's texture and you just have to be happy with the way it is (even if I would love to be able to have bouncy curls on occasion).