PDA

View Full Version : Moisturizing products that don't straighten waves?

DarleneH
April 14th, 2013, 10:20 AM
It seems the more moisture I can keep in my hair, the limper and straighter it is. Are there any moisturizing products that would also beef up waves instead of straightening them?

rock007junkie
April 14th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I would with water based product vs non-water based. My hair is curly/ wavy and I know that when I moisturize with water based product (conditioner/ leave-in, etc) it curls more but that may not be the case for you.

Annibelle
April 14th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I love the Avalon Organics moisturizing conditioner (olive oil and grapeseed). :disco: Burt's Bees More Moisture is good, too-- it brings out my waves, but it's not incredibly moisturizing.

ouseljay
April 14th, 2013, 03:51 PM
I find that using mineral oil to keep moisture in my hair gives it more waves. I get the best effect when I use it on damp (not dripping, but visibly wet) hair instead of conditioner.

ladyleelu
April 14th, 2013, 05:56 PM
If there's a leave-in you already like, try diluting it in water and spraying it into your (already damp/wet) hair, and then seal with a little oil. It takes some practice finding the right amount of product, so you might have greasy or dry hair until you get it right - I'm still working on my second-day hair, which either straightens out or becomes incredibly greasy if I try to touch it up (like today!)

You might also want to try diffusing with cold air or clipping your hair up while it dries :)

GoldberryHair
April 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I hope I don't freak anyone out ;) but the Pantene Moisure Whip Crunch Free Curls is AMAZING! I use it when I want defined yet soft braid waves, works wonders!

WaitingSoLong
April 16th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Aloe Vera Gel. It enhances curl but can dry hair out in dry climates.

Khiwanean
April 16th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Tresseme Naturals Nourishing Moisture brings out the waves in my hair.

chen bao jun
April 16th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I have this problem too even though my hair is REALLY curly (3c, probably). I found what helps me to keep my curls and not have limp floppy hair is flax seed gel (google around and you'll find recipes). Also, using protein treatments when I need them brings my curls back nicely. But I still lose them by the end of the week no matter what I do (I stretch washes and wash one time per week).

earthnut
April 16th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Have you tried a protein treatment? Limp hair can mean too much conditioner or too little protein. Protein strengthens the hair and allows it to hold more product without drooping.

amantha
April 16th, 2013, 09:53 PM
I was actually having the same problem recently. Lately, I've been using Garnier Fructis smoothing milk for the past couple of weeks and I really like it. It keeps my hair pretty moisturized without weighing my waves down.

DarleneH
April 17th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Thanks, guys!! I picked up some Tresemme Naturals conditioner (some kind of aloe scent; it was all Wal-Mart here had from the Naturals line) and Pantene No Crunch Curls Whip mousse yesterday. :)

Kherome
April 17th, 2013, 06:46 AM
L'anza products!