PDA

View Full Version : My own vs others hair

W2
April 13th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I've got a couple of tangle tezzers, that both I and my DDs use. That is ok.
But my oldest never cleans it from shed hair and that grosses me out. There is no way, that I could use it, when her hair is in it. Don't have a problem, when it's my own hair.
Well, I always clean it after I've used it, so it would never happen, but in theori.

Am I the only one, that hate hair in the brushes?

I have no problem with hair on the floor, in the washer or anything. But not in my brush. ;)

embee
April 13th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I certainly would not want someone else's hair in the brush. I clean my brush every day, sometimes twice a day, but that's *my* hair.

As for hair on the floor or in the wash, that squiks me a lot. I really hate sweeping it up and then having it all caught in the broom. I hate finding it wound around the vacuum brush.

I had a friend who fingercombed her hair all the time and she shed all over the place. It was unpleasant to me to find hairs on the furniture, on the floor, on the kitchen counters, on the table ... Now I have another young friend, she's a curly, and she will smooth her hair and pull off the loose hairs, look at them, and drop them. Wherever. A nervous habit. I don't like it.

But I agree with you about hair in the brush, someone else's hair. Ick. :(

Tota
April 13th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Now I have another young friend, she's a curly, and she will smooth her hair and pull off the loose hairs, look at them, and drop them. Wherever. A nervous habit. I don't like it.

My bf has long curly hair and does that a lot. In the kitchen, while I'm making lunch. I want to punch him in the face everytime he does it.

Someone else's hair in my brush is still just hair to me. As long as I know whose it is it doesn't bother me and I don't mind cleaning it.

lapushka
April 13th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Get everyone their own TT, to each a different color. Easy, and problem solved.

Earelia
April 13th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I don't really use brushes that often but I don't mind using my boyfriend's tangly old brush. But I do hate drain hair and getting my hair all over the sink when I braid and such. It really makes me miss my dreadlock days when all of the shed hair would stay on my head. My best friend has long hair too and when I find her hair stuck to my clothes after she leaves I think it's kinda cute that a piece of her is still here.

DancingQueen
April 13th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I don't use a brush anymore, but when I did, I felt the same way. I just like it better to be clean, for whatever reason. I wouldn't use another girls brush; it would just seem to personal. To be honest, hair in the brush feels a bit unhygienic, wether it is mine or someone else's. I don't know why, it just do.

MintChocChip
April 13th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Mmmm, I'm not sure it would bother me. When I used brushes I used to borrow my sister's (and my dad's come to think of it) all the time and it had their hair in. So, for me it wasn't a huge issue, but I can certainly see why it might be! :D I agree with 3 TT in 3 colours! Sounds like a good way to handle the situation! :D

Natalia
April 13th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Well im the one who doesnt like to share personal stuff period. I dont brush i comb so there isnt really any competition :p. I have alot of allergies though so really i do it to spare reactions but if i know the person well and their habits/products then id be ok sharing if they took their hair out of it. Not like soap and water clean it up but dont leave hairballs :p

jacqueline101
April 13th, 2013, 06:09 PM
I hate hair in my brush that's why I bought a brush cleaner.

Mommyof4
April 13th, 2013, 06:22 PM
My kids' hair in our brushes doesn't bother me a bit.. Working on the medical side.. I wouldn't share brushes with people that weren't my husband/children just because of the germ factor.. A scalp can have anything from blood to pus to fungus/bacteria... but I'm just one of those people that if it's my kids' germs... I don't get grossed out lol..

akilina
April 13th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Its funny...I feel the same way but have never quite thought about it this hard before lol.

When I had to live with people, I would always take a small gander at my hair brush to see if someone had been using it. My hair was white blond so any hair would be very noticeable. I am Super super super squeamish about people using my stuff without asking, and especially other people using any of my hair care/body care anything. Even when they touch my towel it grosses me out and irks me.

I try not to be like that..Maybe it was because I grew up as an only child? who knows...but for some reason I have a hard time sharing. Its not any issue now because the only person I live with is my bf and he won't even try to use my TT even though it feels great ^_^

I could definitely tell other people had used my brush...I should have told the girl I had head lice or something because I knew whos hair it was. Im only talking about other people I am not related to I guess. The only other person I don't mind sharing with is my mom and very very close friends only. No kids here so can't really comment on that.

neko_kawaii
April 13th, 2013, 11:04 PM
I have no problem with hair, mine or others, in various places. I used to be oblivious to hair accumulating in my brush and comb but a few years ago discovered how much nicer it is to use those tools when they are clean and now I clear out any loose hairs after each use. The only reason I wouldn't use another person's brush is a youth full of lice (thank you sister's summer camp and sleep overs) but I wouldn't think twice about using a comb belonging to a family member or a close friend in a moment of need, provided they didn't mind sharing.

I do try to be mindful about where my shed hairs end up. At home or at my MIL's I'll find a trash can, in the car I roll down the window, and in other inside spaces I'll wad and pocket hairs if a trash can is not immediately available.

auburntressed
April 13th, 2013, 11:16 PM
I clean my brush out after every use. Honestly, the last time I ever "shared" a brush with someone else, I was a young child. By the time I was heading toward my teen years, my mom let me know how absolutely disgusting she found the very idea of sharing a brush with ME; so from that point on I was banned from even touching her hair implements. She was the only other female in the house.

From the time I started college until last year, I had had over a dozen roommates over the years. Not a single one of them ever even hinted that they would like to use my brush, and I never found their hair in my brushes either. Most of them, I noticed, did not clean the hair out of their own brushes until it got so padded that the tines were almost invisible. That grossed me out big time, but it was theirs, so no biggie.

When I am done with my tangle teezer, I ALWAYS clean it out and wash it off with a finger nail brush. Otherwise, the base of it gets all crusted with skin flakes, and I don't want to brush those back into my hair the next time I use it.

Magalo
April 13th, 2013, 11:47 PM
I don't mind other's people hair, I don't mind hair in my brush, but wet hair, either in the shower drain or in the sink... eeeeew! :tmi:

chen bao jun
April 16th, 2013, 08:50 PM
I do not like to share hair care things. I don't use a brush, except my Denman sometimes in the shower, but I don't want anybody else sharing it. I don't like to find other people's hair in things. I don't like to find hair, even my own, anywhere else but on the person's head. Unfortunately I shed terrifically (nothing is wrong, it's just a normal thing with me) and I am always finding my hair everywhere, no matter how much I try to keep the place clean of it. I use wire traps in the sink and clean them out obsessively and am always sweeping, etc but then I still run into some of my shed hair somewhere strange, like, continually. It drives me crazy. I can always tell when it is my hair because I am super coarse and my hair is very black and no one else in the house has hair quite like mine.

Neneka
April 17th, 2013, 03:44 AM
I didn't care until I did a practical training on my cousins hair salon when I was 15 (not really practical training but I don't know better word). Before that I used same brush with my mother and sister without thinking about it twice. It's weird now that I think about it because I have always had a huge perconal bubble. Now I couldn't do it even with my SO. Yuck. Other peoples' sebum and hair products... Just... no...

Ambystoma
April 17th, 2013, 04:12 AM
I think I'm a bit of an oddity, since it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I would clean the brushes out, chuck the hairs in the bin, and not think twice about it - however, I'm the least squeamish person I know, and everyone is different. I keep my comb clean (wash with handsoap and hot water once a week or so, I guess brushes would get dirtier a little more quickly but I haven't used one regularly since I was a little kid) purely because I don't want to be putting dust/lint back into my hair, not out of any "ick" factor.

HadessThera
April 17th, 2013, 05:51 AM
I also hate seeing other people's hair in my brush/sink/shower/wherever, I shed a lot (also not from a problem or anything just a shedder haha) so I often find the occasional hair on my jacket but when I take it off and it's very clearly not my hair, I'm nearly sick every time, no idea why it creeps me out so badly, it just does, must just be another OCD thing of mine :shrug:

Fnugg
April 19th, 2013, 04:46 PM
I would not want to share my brushes with any other person, it squicks me out a little bit, and I would also worry that they would ruin them. But I have no problems sharing my tangle teezer with my cat. :p

starlamelissa
April 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM
as soon as hair has fallen from the scalp it is instantly GROSS.

sharing combs and brushes, also gross.

KwaveT
April 19th, 2013, 09:24 PM
I am the only one that uses tangle teezers so I have no competition. I don't wash as often as I should but I do wash them. I probably need to soak them again. I always get my hair out of the tangle teezer though after each use.