PDA

View Full Version : Why can't my hair be normal?

Kaelee
April 12th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Silly, silly hair. You are overmoisturized. You are stretching and breaking when you should not be, and stretching even when dry.

You are supposed to be dull and lifeless, but you are not. Instead, you are FREAKIN GORGEOUS. If you were any shinier, you could be used to signal low flying aircraft. You *appear* to be in the best condition of your life.

I knew something was wrong, but you made it REALLY hard to figure out what was wrong with you.

Oh well, I figured it out now. A protein heavy shampoo (that smells freaking AMAZING!!!! Oh my goodness I could rub this shampoo all over everything in my apartment and smell like this forever!) and no conditioner for a day or two should fix you.

I'm wondering if I need to leave my CO washing conditioner on for less time? I have been leaving it on for my whole shower, but since I'm one of those people who takes forever in the shower, it's on there for about 20 minutes. I really want this conditioner to work, I love it in all other ways. But I think I should try leaving it on for less time (I also suspect my hair was slightly over-moisturized when I started COing, and this just worsened the problem.)

Quixii
April 12th, 2013, 10:07 PM
This whole concept of "over-moisturized" is completely foreign to me. :bigeyes:

But I'm glad that your hair is pretty and that you're enjoying it. :)

Kaelee
April 12th, 2013, 10:15 PM
This whole concept of "over-moisturized" is completely foreign to me. :bigeyes:

But I'm glad that your hair is pretty and that you're enjoying it. :)

It can happen, but it takes a lot. For me I think it was months of using oil based shampoo, after switching from sulphates/cones. And I never did use much conditioner before. I always thought it was protein that my hair didn't like, but now I'm betting it was something ELSE in the shampoos/conditioners other than protein that upset my hair, when I used them before.

winship2
April 12th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Yeah.... Mine is over-moisturized after a couple weeks trying CO (using V05 Kiwi Lime). I've noticed lately that it's even straighter than usual, like 1a instead of 1b (I know that doesn't seem much of a difference, but when it's your own hair you notice). I tried stretching a hair that last couple of days, and it's very stretchy! Not fragile, but very stretchy. I think tomorrow I do an egg shampoo and a good conditioning after, then an ACV rinse. The first time I egg shampooed it was AWESOME; my hair looked like mink. The second time it was dry and tangly (too much protein), but maybe now it's ready for another go with the protein as long as I condition well afterwards.

Bah, fussy hair!

Latte Lady
April 12th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Wow! I didn't know you could have over moisturized hair! A over conditioned bought that makes my hair resemble seaweed on a rock, but not actual over moisturized hair. Over conditioned hair is easily fixed in the next wash but it isn't damaging; just gross. Just when I think I must know it all about hair I learn something new.

GabrielleRose
April 12th, 2013, 11:30 PM
What shampoo did you end up using? When I was doing CO I got the over-moisturized hair and I think I may have it again. :/

Kaelee
April 13th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Nature's Gate Awapuhi shampoo. Smells soooooo good. Two kinds of protein high on the list. My hair already feels better, I think I'll use it tonight too and see.ü

pocketsmall
April 13th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I'm experiencing your exact problem with Nature's Gate biotin shampoo and conditioner. I stretch my S&C up to 4 or 5 days. I don't even get my hair wet in between washes. I don't use any styling products or oils (my hair is baby fine and thin so it gets weighed down easily). I've been using Nature's Gate exclusively for about a month now and my hair was way over moisturized. It was so soft that it felt like mush and was more delicate than usual. I think the problem is the protein. Last time I washed - 3 days ago, I used a clarifying shampoo followed by a very light conditioning of my ends with V05 strawberry cream and my hair feels back to normal now.

PrincessIdril
April 13th, 2013, 08:05 AM
No comment on your particular situation other than I'm glad your hair looks amazing. But "normal"? What is this "normal" you speak of?

jacqueline101
April 13th, 2013, 08:07 AM
I wish mine was over moisturized. It's dry like broom straw.

sisi33
April 13th, 2013, 09:52 AM
No comment on your particular situation other than I'm glad your hair looks amazing. But "normal"? What is this "normal" you speak of?

This :p Also, I now want to find that shampoo and just see what it smells like! Sounds yummy

meteor
April 13th, 2013, 10:47 AM
When this "over-moisturized" problem happens to me (usually due to too much oiling and too gentle shampoos), I simply go a couple weeks with shampoo and water only (no cones, no oils), and the problem goes away quickly.

aet2009
April 14th, 2013, 04:55 PM
I definitely have never had overmoisturized hair...it is hard enough to get it moisturized in general!

HylianGirl
April 14th, 2013, 06:06 PM
I mosturize my hair A LOT, and oil it everyday, how do I know if I have overmoisturezed it?