PDA

View Full Version : I purchased the Aphogee 2 step Protein Treatment

Iaine
April 11th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I know it's supposed to be a professional treatment, but I don't have any hairdressers that I trust so I'm doing it at home. I really hope my hair likes it because it needs the protein and egg treatments are not cutting it.

Anje
April 11th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Others have done it too.... Seems to work well.

If step 2 in that treatment isn't moisture-heavy, you might want to plan on an SMT or something similar immediately following rinsing the Aphogee out. Your hair will probably be super dry.

PraiseCheeses
April 11th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Others have done it too.... Seems to work well.

If step 2 in that treatment isn't moisture-heavy, you might want to plan on an SMT or something similar immediately following rinsing the Aphogee out. Your hair will probably be super dry.

Agree with Anje. I didn't even bother getting the 2-step conditioner at all because "my God - it's full of cones!" but a deep conditioning is the difference between nice hair and straw hair.

One small caveat - it takes forever to dry. A huge advantage of getting it done professionally would be access to a bonnet dryer, but I've had great results at home. But be prepared to be waiting around for a very long time... :p

rock007junkie
April 11th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Doing that at home is fine. My only suggestions like others have mentioned is to do a very moisturizing treatment afterwards because the Aphogee will leave your hair very hard.

Vanilla
April 11th, 2013, 07:09 PM
The two step treatment is very drying, as others have said. Definitely plan on doing a super moisturizing treatment afterwards.

Iaine
April 12th, 2013, 06:55 PM
I used my Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle conditioner afterwards, and my hair felt amazing. I think I'm going to buy a bottle of the protein treatment so I can make sure my hair gets a boost every 6 weeks. I'm guilty of not wanting to forsake my length, so I'm trying like mad to keep my color-treated hair in shape while I'm growing the color out.