PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding super moisture

Kherome
April 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM
I have a dilemma. I need something super moisturizing BUT no parabens and preferably NOT super coney. (For cones I like Amodimethicone the best) Can you all recommend a product for me? Thanks!

junkyschristmas
April 9th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner is ridiculously moisturising.

Kherome
April 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Was that before or after the formula change? I wanted to try it but I read in a couple of different reviews that the new formula is bad?

Naiadryade
April 9th, 2013, 03:28 PM
The Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque is fantastic. It's the only thing I've found that leaves my hair feeling really moisturized. I use it both in deep treatments and in place of regular conditioner. Some folks like it as a leave-in too. Bonus: it's all natural.

It does smell like cake batter, which might be good or bad depending on your preferences.

heidi w.
April 9th, 2013, 03:46 PM
I can recommend a somewhat "heavy" conditioner: Biolage's humidifying conditioner. It's super moisturizing. I do not apply it to scalp hair at all. Only to the entire length, long or short, whatever. It works. A great detangle conditioner is by ***, and it's lime green and smells wonderful. I apply it to all my length AFTER I've Shampooed and Conditioned all, and then get out of the shower and apply some of this lime green conditioner to detangle my hair. Works like a charm
heidi w.

Kherome
April 9th, 2013, 03:46 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Shea-Moisture-Organic-Butter-Treatment/dp/B0038U4U3M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365543986&sr=8-1&keywords=Shea+Moisture+Deep+Treatment+Masque

This?

vindo
April 9th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I like Camellia Oil with Aloe, Earthly Delights conditioner (makes my hair too slippery) and the caramell treatment is insanely moisturizing :)

I mostly use oil, but if you don't like oil by itself, these are good options.

jeanniet
April 9th, 2013, 04:37 PM
The SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Styling Milk is the best moisturizer in that line, IMO (no offense to the Masque!). It's what I use if I need to get a moisture boost into my hair, and it completely saved me a year ago when we were having a drought and very dry winter. It's meant as a leave-in, but you can also lightly rinse it out if you prefer. It's meant as a conditioner/styler, but it won't curl your hair up. Actually, most of the time it makes my hair straighter, and I'm a wurly (go figure).

Naiadryade
April 9th, 2013, 04:45 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Shea-Moisture-Organic-Butter-Treatment/dp/B0038U4U3M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365543986&sr=8-1&keywords=Shea+Moisture+Deep+Treatment+Masque

This?

That's the one. Don't get it from Amazon though, that price is outrageous. Usually it's $9.99.

ETA: I haven't tried the Milk jeanniet is talking about. But I will say that the Masque used as a leave-in also straightened out my waves. This is part of why I stopped using it as a leave-in. (That, and it made my hair feel mushy and over-moisturized, which was a new experience!)

Salmonberry
April 9th, 2013, 05:50 PM
The Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque is fantastic. It's the only thing I've found that leaves my hair feeling really moisturized. I use it both in deep treatments and in place of regular conditioner. Some folks like it as a leave-in too. Bonus: it's all natural.

It does smell like cake batter, which might be good or bad depending on your preferences.

Yes I've used this and it's great as a deep treatment. The restorative conditioner from the same line is my favorite though. I use it every day as a leave in after I shower. It has great slip (the masque doesn't have as much slip).

jeanniet
April 9th, 2013, 07:41 PM
That's the one. Don't get it from Amazon though, that price is outrageous. Usually it's $9.99.

ETA: I haven't tried the Milk jeanniet is talking about. But I will say that the Masque used as a leave-in also straightened out my waves. This is part of why I stopped using it as a leave-in. (That, and it made my hair feel mushy and over-moisturized, which was a new experience!)

The Milk probably would do its job as a styler on me if I didn't have the combination of heavy hair pulling out the curl, plus bunning doing the rest of the job. I think BSL hair would make more of a difference in my curl, but with WL, the curl is only really doing its thing when my hair is drying.

Lol, my husband asked me about the Milk once, and I explained that it was for curly hair, and he said "But you don't have curly hair!" Uh, yes dear, I do, you just don't realize it (not that the poor man is that hair observant anyway--I cut off 6" a month ago and he still hasn't noticed!).

Naiadryade
April 9th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Lol, my husband asked me about the Milk once, and I explained that it was for curly hair, and he said "But you don't have curly hair!" Uh, yes dear, I do, you just don't realize it (not that the poor man is that hair observant anyway--I cut off 6" a month ago and he still hasn't noticed!).

I can relate to this! DBF thinks my 2a hair is "straight." Which, sure, I suppose it kinda is, depending on the day... but actually not, because it always has at least subtle waves in it. When I do heat-free curls to turn it temporarily 3a or so (ok, 2c in the front), he comments on how I made it wavy. I'm like, these are curls, dear. See how they are spiral-shaped?

Men! (At least, short-haired men.) But we digress.

Naiadryade
April 9th, 2013, 07:58 PM
double post!

spirals
April 9th, 2013, 11:11 PM
LOL @ the observaton-impaired men. I'm a 3 and people talk about my "wavy" or "textured" hair. Well, to be fair, it's a 2c/3a combo. I have never found anything super-moisturizing for my dry hair except humid weather.

Kherome
April 18th, 2013, 09:08 AM
The SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Styling Milk is the best moisturizer in that line, IMO (no offense to the Masque!). It's what I use if I need to get a moisture boost into my hair, and it completely saved me a year ago when we were having a drought and very dry winter. It's meant as a leave-in, but you can also lightly rinse it out if you prefer. It's meant as a conditioner/styler, but it won't curl your hair up. Actually, most of the time it makes my hair straighter, and I'm a wurly (go figure).

I tried it and I really like it, thank you.

earthnut
April 18th, 2013, 11:48 AM
The most potent deep moisture treatment I've done is a fair amount of coconut oil, left on for at least 30 minutes.