PDA

View Full Version : Roots and scalp showing?

Shanarana
August 27th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Does anyone else notice when gray roots (or lighter than your own hair) gives the impression of showing scalp even though it's not, it's just the lighter roots coming in?

Ohio Sky
August 27th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah, especially where I have little cowlicks. It's really bad in the back of my head, makes it look like I have a huge chunk of hair missing.

dustbuni2k
August 27th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Yep. Very disconcerting when you look at the back of your head in mirror and it looks like shudder:you have a bald spot.

Missie
August 27th, 2008, 10:15 PM
groan... yes I know exactly what you mean

ChloeDharma
August 28th, 2008, 12:30 AM
This can happen with blonde hair too.....my friend used to dye her hair black but she is blonde naturally, when she got roots it looked like she was thinning alot.

granitbaby
August 28th, 2008, 01:46 AM
This happens to me too. It doesn't matter if I have my natural blond hair or henna red like now. I have learned to modify styles in order to cover up the "fake" bald patches.

jel
August 28th, 2008, 05:33 AM
My natural hair colour is ashy light brown - lighter than my hennaed hair. When I get roots I look like there's a lot of scalp showing even with that colour combination (not blonde or grey roots, I mean).

Curlsgirl
August 28th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Maybe that's why as people get older they tend to go blonder :ponder:

jivete
August 28th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Definitely. I had a moment of panic when I started letting my natural color really come in. It's an ashy blond/brown color and I've been dying my hair medium to dark brown for many years. It looked like my hair was severly thinning.

Dee 08
August 28th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Yes i have none of this to happen.

bunnii
August 28th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Definitely. I had a moment of panic when I started letting my natural color really come in. It's an ashy blond/brown color and I've been dying my hair medium to dark brown for many years. It looked like my hair was severly thinning.

I get this too, around my hairline my hair is so blonde it's almost white right at the front and it sometimes looks like my hairline in a 1/4 inch further back than it is :lol:

psvzum
August 29th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! It does look like bald spots, especially with dark hair. I get my roots touched every 3 1/2 weeks to avoid that look : )

Bonny
August 31st, 2008, 09:12 AM
Actually, I'm hoping that's what's happening. Otherwise it means I am thinning a LOT in places near my front hairline. :scared: