PDA

View Full Version : Had my hair done over the weekend

pittsburgpam
April 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM
My son got married on Saturday and that morning I joined the wedding party and the MOTB in getting our hair and makeup done. The stylist is a man who has done hair and makeup for Fashion Week in NY and his three assistants. I told the first assistant "no damage", that I take very good care of my hair and I don't want it heat damaged. They told me what products they were using for protection (though I couldn't say now what they were).

She curled my just-past-Classic hair into big, pretty curls and fixed up my side-swept bangs that I've been growing out. The curls were pinned up while others were being done and then I went to the other assistant for styling. She kept raving that "your hair is GORGEOUS!" "Beautiful!" It did look very nice, really soft and shiny, silky. I've been using Loreal Mega Moisture for a few weeks and it's fabulous.

The wedding was great, nice ceremony and then lots of food and dancing. I wore a beautiful royal blue floor length dress with a wide band of beading and sequins around the empire waist line. Felt really good when a woman I didn't know came up to me, hugged me, and said, "You are gorgeous. When you walked out I didn't know who you were and thought maybe you were one of the sisters (of the groom)." She later said, "Do you mind if I ask how old you are?" I told her that I would be 50 in three months, which shocked her. A friend of my son, totally unrelated to the other comments, later said to me that my daughter was beautiful and looks just like me, then he nudged me and said, "That means you're one good looking woman."

Wow... make this middle-aged woman feel pretty good. :) Just goes to show what a little makeup (which I never wear) and hair styling can do!

longNred
April 9th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I agree, it feels so nice to get all dolled up now & then! congrats to your son! I do hope you got some pics, the description sounds just beautiful! I'm sure he needed those three assistants for your length! it sounds so lovely that you wore it DOWN... all the weddings I've been in, with my long hair, it's been forced into an updo. which made my neck sore and took hours to take all the bobby pins out.

Angelica
April 9th, 2013, 12:23 PM
What lovely compliments you received. There's no reason why 50 year olds can't look beautiful and stylish. People look so much younger these days. You sound as if you wore a fabulous dress and your hair was magnificent. I hope you post photographs.

Dziip
April 9th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Oh please, post a picture ! I would so much love see your wonderful hair (and dresses) !

kittengirl
April 9th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Sounds beautiful! Your hair is gorgeous. I really hope to have hair like yours when I am 50. It's very inspiring to see someone like you who does!

spirals
April 9th, 2013, 08:03 PM
I hope I'm one of the pretty girls when I'm 50. :)

Ambystoma
April 10th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Oh please, post a picture ! I would so much love see your wonderful hair (and dresses) !
Me too! I would love to see how nice you looked :)

browneyedsusan
April 10th, 2013, 05:36 AM
That's wonderful to hear! I love that the pros noticed how nice your hair is, and your dress sounds divine!
:twocents: I'll bet you're a head-turner without your hair and makeup done, too! :twocents:

pittsburgpam
April 14th, 2013, 11:05 AM
This is the only photo I have of the dress so far. It doesn't look like much but the skirt is real full, floor length, with a slit up the front to about knee.

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/sensuouscancer/IMG_1053_zps089bdd07.jpg

jacqueline101
April 14th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Sounds fun nice dress by the way.

Paranda Belle
April 14th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Wow that sounds amazing! Love the dress. A little bit of styling goes a long way.

Well done on finding a stylist that actually listened to your request for no damage - I'm always too scared to get my hair done incase they backcomb or use excessive amounts of hair spray!

AnnaB
April 14th, 2013, 03:12 PM
the dress looks gorgeous! make sure you post a picture of your pretty self from the wedding :)

aet2009
April 14th, 2013, 04:21 PM
That's so nice! My mom is 52 and I continually try to get her to let me 'doll her up' but she won't :P

Ambystoma
April 17th, 2013, 04:34 AM
The dress looks beautiful!