PDA

View Full Version : Which is longer....

Louise148
April 9th, 2013, 05:16 AM
...collar bone length or shoulder length? When I was doing my signature I assumed collar bone was shorter and put it first but I have just seen a chart which has shoulder length as shorter and collar bone the next marker. Is this correct?

TiffanieJean
April 9th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Huuum… I’d say collar bone. If you consider shoulder length from the top of your shoulder, the collar bone would be an additional inch or 2. Depending on your body shape.

melusine963
April 9th, 2013, 06:06 AM
I'd say collar bone is longer, though not by much. Depending on how much your shoulder slopes, they could be pretty close really.

Louise148
April 9th, 2013, 06:35 AM
I've switched them around in my sig which I have just below chin as my current length. I know the back is longer but the sides are just below my chin so until they get longer I'm gonna leave it there.

I'm glad that there isn't much between shoulder and collar bone length as it means I can move on a stage quicker which will feel good when I get there ;)

jacqueline101
April 9th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I'd say there isn't a huge difference.

Sharysa
April 9th, 2013, 10:49 AM
I mark shoulder as the tops of your shoulders, and collarbone-length is when your hair is level with that scoop at the base of your throat. On most people, the difference is only a couple of inches.

joflakes
April 9th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Collar bone is definitely longer! For me SL can be when hair is just skimming the shoulders, and when it hits collarbone, it's a lot longer. Maybe I just have a freakishly deep set collarbone! :laugh:

spidermom
April 9th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Shoulder length and collarbone length are pretty much the same for me. I'd say collarbone length is perhaps a bit longer, but not by much.

HadessThera
April 9th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Collar bone is definitely longer! For me SL can be when hair is just skimming the shoulders, and when it hits collarbone, it's a lot longer. Maybe I just have a freakishly deep set collarbone! :laugh:

I'm the same haha my collarbone length is about two/three inches longer than my shoulder length, I have pretty muscly shoulders for a girl but also quite a steeply angled collarbone so that means the wait between shoulder and collarbone for me is usually longer than it is for most

Anje
April 9th, 2013, 01:54 PM
I mentally define shoulder length as where the hair hits the collarbones. You've got trapezius muscles sticking out of your shoulders above that, and I tend to think of those as being more part of the neck. Collarbones tend to be about level with the outer part of the shoulders, at least on people like me who have them pretty much horizontal.

Khiwanean
April 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
I'd say collarbone is longer. To me, hair qualifies as shoulder if it's brushing any part of your shoulders. Collarbone would have to be even with the top of your collarbone near the dip in the center, which on me wouldn't be much longer, but a little.