PDA

View Full Version : How to? Marilyn Monroe hair for longgggg hair??

GoldberryHair
April 8th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Hi everyone! I love Marilyn Monroe's style, and I've been on a kick of hers lately, and I'd love to get her hair! (I already dress kinda similar, skirts/dresses everyday, classy ones) but my hair is down to my bum. Any ideas to achieve as close to her style as I can with my length? I have long layers if that helps, and please I'd love it to be heatless. Thank you in advance!

Sidenote: Anyone who likes Marilyn would, I think, really like "My Week With Marilyn" ...Michelle Williams doesn't look a whole lot like her, but her acting is phenominal. Great film.

-Brandi

Quixii
April 8th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Some day I want to do Marilyn for Halloween. :o I'll definitely keep checking back into this thread for suggestions!

The only thing I can think of is wig, and I don't really want to do that. :p

Seeshami
April 8th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Best thing I can think of is pin curls hidden under the ends to make your hair short.

bradlea
April 8th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Check out ilovegerardo on youtube, she has lots of vintage hairstyles for long hair! I don't think she's done a Marilyn look, but you might be able to use techniques from her other tutorials.

Thinthondiel
April 9th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Check out ilovegerardo on youtube, she has lots of vintage hairstyles for long hair! I don't think she's done a Marilyn look, but you might be able to use techniques from her other tutorials.

Seconding this advice. I love her channel!

She uses heat for curling, but curling can be done without heat as well, of course.

browneyedsusan
April 9th, 2013, 05:34 AM
DD dressed as Marilyn for Halloween one year, and I pinned "stand-up" pin-curls all over her head. It looked pretty good!

Naiadryade
April 9th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Ooh, fun! I also love Marilyn Monroe. There was so much to her beneath the hype.

Her signature look was side-parted, so I'd start with that. And the hair going from the part to the other side of her face was always kinda big/tall and swoopy, so something to hold that up (hairspray, flax, aloe, whatever floats your boat) would probably help. Look at pictures of the way it was shaped and try to replicate that. Next, I'd move on to the big, loose curls/wurls that framed her face a lot of the time. Maybe just do that with the rest of your hair? I think the way her hair framed her face is the most recognizable thing about it, and that long hair wouldn't detract from that a whole lot if you could replicate the face-framing aspects.

Good luck! Please post pictures of your attempts for us? :popcorn: