PDA

View Full Version : How to fix ruined hair...

longNred
April 7th, 2013, 08:28 PM
On Barbie.

Yup, it's silly, but it made me laugh. I don't remember shearing any of my own as a little girl, I preferred mine with the long pretty hair (der, same preference at my current age!) but I did know a few Barbie's who ended up with tragic cuts. if only we had thought to use this method...

http://www.weedemandreap.com/2013/04/how-to-fix-ruined-barbie-hair.html

Kaelee
April 7th, 2013, 08:31 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to cut my Barbie's hair off. Then I ripped their heads off. Not sure what that says about me. :lol:

longNred
April 7th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Omg Headless Barbie's! LOL

Magalo
April 7th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Hahaha, oh my god!! At least half of the article made me genuinely smile/laugh. Thank you for sharing! :lol:

akilina
April 7th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Hehehehe :D

This is funny!! Especially because we have two goaties :o

Naiadryade
April 7th, 2013, 09:29 PM
:rollin:

I was actually laughing through most of that. The farther through it I got, the harder I laughed. Thank you so much for that!

I never cut off my Barbies' hair. Barbie was actually my very first inspiration for wanting long hair, when I was like 5. I wonder if this would work for Trolls, though. Their hair fell off after you took them into too many baths.

Allychan
April 7th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Looks like my hair after that Brazilian Keratin Treatment I got to fix it

MaryMarx
April 8th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Hahaha, made my day. :D

Does it work on humans?

melusine963
April 8th, 2013, 06:43 AM
:rollin: I'm not sure who to feel more sorry for: the goats or the barbie.

jacqueline101
April 8th, 2013, 07:01 AM
I used to give my Barbie dolls a buzz cut.

Neneka
April 8th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Poor goat. :lol:

I still remember the shock when my little sister got her hands on my princess barbie and cut her hair. Sadly we didn't have any goats. :rollin:

Angelica
April 8th, 2013, 08:48 AM
I'd never do that to the goat. When I had a Barbie I made her into a mohican. I used to love cutting my doll's hair. I have a couple of dolls here at home that I bought from ebay and have re-rooted them, with artificial hair. They came out very nice too :)

spidermom
April 8th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Haha; I'm not sure which was worse, the cut or the fix.
I cut one doll's hair and my mother freaked the H out. I never did it again. I'm not sure why she cared so much.

neko_kawaii
April 8th, 2013, 09:53 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to cut my Barbie's hair off. Then I ripped their heads off. Not sure what that says about me. :lol:

We put all our headless barbies (and quite a few we found while beach combing) on a Christmas tree one year. Best. Tree. Ever.

heidi w.
April 8th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Well, once I helped a friend of mine clean her trunk out. She's a jewelry artist, and I found a completely bound up Barbie doll and inquired about it. She roared with laughter and said it was her sadist doll. Funny that moment in time. We had a good laugh. The Barbie doll was bound up with 3 tapes, one of them being duck tape. A little much, but it was funny.
heidi w.

Anje
April 8th, 2013, 10:54 AM
We put all our headless barbies (and quite a few we found while beach combing) on a Christmas tree one year. Best. Tree. Ever.

Pictures?!!?!!?

Aredhel77
April 8th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Well, once I helped a friend of mine clean her trunk out. She's a jewelry artist, and I found a completely bound up Barbie doll and inquired about it. She roared with laughter and said it was her sadist doll. Funny that moment in time. We had a good laugh. The Barbie doll was bound up with 3 tapes, one of them being duck tape. A little much, but it was funny.
heidi w.

^^^ that's so strange, (in a funny way) I used to tie my dolls up all the time when I was playing with them, with elastic bands or whatever I had to hand. I think it was down to watching a lot of Penelope Pitstop/'girl-in-peril' - type cartoons growing up in the 80s. My dolls always needed rescuing LOL!!

ETA: My dolls are now in therapy. :nono:

Kaelee
April 8th, 2013, 11:01 AM
heidi w.

I once had a Prince Charming Ken Doll who's leg had been ripped...erm...fallen...off. And I taped it back on. My mother found him, naked and taped up, on my bedroom floor. She picked him up and said "Oh! Poor Ken! Let's get this tape off of him!" and proceeded to pull of the tape...and his leg fell off. I about died laughing as my mom carefully reapplied the tape. :misskim:

neko_kawaii
April 8th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Pictures?!!?!!?

I can vividly remember a picture of that tree. I shall place an inquiry with my archivist.

neko_kawaii
April 8th, 2013, 11:44 AM
The archivist has delivered, but not the photo I remember. Had to crop it quite a bit and it is grainy. The rust in the bottom is my mother's hair.
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg632/neko_kawaii_hair/93-12copy_zps01f956f7.jpg
You can just make out a few of the dismembered barbie shapes. My family has a tradition of decorating (with more normal ornaments) either a live tree that is then planted in the yard or using combinations of found objects. I think this "tree" came about because we had found so many toys while beach combing one day. Hope that provides a little context for this oddity.

MissAlida
April 8th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I used to braid their hair in tiny braids when I took a bath with them, then I let them dry, and they had braid waves....:) I also liked to take off their heads...And I broke one's leg. Interesting memories...:rolleyes:

embee
April 8th, 2013, 08:47 PM
We lived near a "doll hospital" and my dolls usually needed new hair. My mom got very tired of that. I could cut that hair before the day was out. :)

I love the goat hair repair in the OP post. :) We have some girls in our area who rather look like that end result....

Kaelee
April 8th, 2013, 09:51 PM
The archivist has delivered, but not the photo I remember. Had to crop it quite a bit and it is grainy. The rust in the bottom is my mother's hair.
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg632/neko_kawaii_hair/93-12copy_zps01f956f7.jpg
You can just make out a few of the dismembered barbie shapes. My family has a tradition of decorating (with more normal ornaments) either a live tree that is then planted in the yard or using combinations of found objects. I think this "tree" came about because we had found so many toys while beach combing one day. Hope that provides a little context for this oddity.

LOL! Oh that's great. Reminds me of my dad's "construction tree" that he had one year while remodeling the house. It was a tree decorated with rolls of tape and various tools. :lol:

MaryO
April 9th, 2013, 02:52 AM
(GOAT!)Teehee!

piffyanne
April 9th, 2013, 03:28 AM
I can vividly remember a picture of that tree. I shall place an inquiry with my archivist.

:rollin: You are killing me here!! :slap::o

Aeris
April 9th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Dang, my Barbies had it great compared to everyone else's. I never cut their hair or limbs off, and I always made sure they looked beautiful and were never left in unladylike positions :p

longNred
April 9th, 2013, 02:24 PM
BAAAHAAAHAAA such a great lil read this afternoon - awesome barbie stories! shorn, limbless, bound, and prim & proper... love it!

Anje
April 9th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks for obliging us, Neko!

Nae
April 9th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Who released the laughing gas in the old LHC? Things have been nutty lately but let me tell you this is the first time I have seen a Barbie with a goat beard hairdo.