PDA

View Full Version : MANLY CURLS - Advice for men with curly hair

SGBSteve
April 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
http://www.manlycurls.com/

I'm surprised I've never heard anyone mention this website before, especially the men here. This was one of the first websites I found when I was searching for tips on dealing with my curly hair (that and LHC of course) and since then it has been my biggest inspiration for how to rock my long curly hair style however I want to.

The guy who writes the articles, Rogelio, has a lot of really helpful information that I wish I had known the first time I tried growing my hair long in high school. And they're all very simple things that I changed in my routine that have made all the difference. If only I had known sooner.

I don't wanna go on too much about this but it really is a great website for advice for men (and women) with wavy, curly, kinky hair.

You peeps should check it out.

AnqeIicDemise
April 7th, 2013, 01:49 PM
I've seen his blog.. I just don't remember how. I think someone may have posted a link to it in some random thread somewhere around here or I ran across it on the web... he's got some amazing curls. It makes me sad. Hubby won't let his curls grow anymore because he wants to keep a professional look and that means short.

irisheyes
April 7th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Thank you for posting. I passed this information on to my curly, long haired husband! I enjoyed looking around the site, too.

SGBSteve
April 8th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Yeah there's a lot of really interesting articles that he writes. I just like how he makes everything so easy to understand (for me at least).

And he is a good motivator as well. He has really inspired a lot of confidence in me with a lot of the things he's written. Thanks to him I could walk around in public with even a nice big fro and not feel weird about it.

AnqeIicDemise
April 10th, 2013, 12:27 AM
You have a glorious fro, my man. Walk around in your fro-ey glory and enjoy it!

I love fros. I'm seriously thinking of curling my hair in such a way one day to emulate a fro and just take pictures. But.. but.. the sheer amount of curlers I'll need dissuades me.

SGBSteve
April 10th, 2013, 11:21 AM
That's funny because if you go to that website, one of the first blogs you'll see will be about Bradley Cooper perming his hair into a fro for his next movie. It shows pictures of him with little pink curlers and everything!

Also there were several blogs of his I've found throughout the past year that talk more specifically about how to wear the fro style and have it looking good.

spirals
April 10th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I like the fro style. It appeals to my 60s sensibility.

SGBSteve
April 10th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Yeah its kinda sad. I see so many comments from guys saying that they started growing their hair long but then it turned into a fro and so they cut it. And I'm just thinking like ROCK THAT FRO!!

Why fight it? Seriously rock the fro for a little bit and soon you'll be out of that awkward stage and it'll be long enough that you can try new things.