PDA

View Full Version : Positive comments about wurly and curly hair

Bambi
April 7th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Post away and keep us proud of our lovely heads of wurls and curls:eyebrows:!

bte
April 7th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Wurls and curls are much more fun, and can hide lots of unevenness!

Bambi
April 7th, 2013, 11:43 AM
^So true! I always feel much more "myself" with my wurls and curls if that makes sense..My friends and family have always been supportive when it comes to my hair, almost requesting me to wear it wurly/curly..aaaaw:love:

leilasahhar
April 7th, 2013, 12:02 PM
I think waves and wurls make hair look thicker :)

melusine963
April 7th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Wurls and curls are much more fun, and can hide lots of unevenness!

Yep! It means I never have to worry when doing a self-trim. :joy:

HylianGirl
April 7th, 2013, 01:32 PM
My hair looks a lot thicker too thanks to the added volume of the wurls ^-^ Once I had an accident with a samll fan getting too close to my hair and had to cut a bit of it, still, it didn't show on my hair that I had a strand shorter than the rest. Right now I have an accidental shorter layer on the right side of my face due to an accident on trimming and it doesn't show either.

Once a guy from my college said he liked my hair because it was "exotic". I loved to hear that xD

Bambi
April 7th, 2013, 01:58 PM
^The "exotic" comment happened to me once while I was working at McD and a customer said I was exotic with my hair..like a pineapple...hahahhaaa!

Mandie
April 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I have the slighest of body waves and that's it, I always gaze longingly at curly/wurly hair. I did foil curls last week and they looked natural, and I was preening like a peacock all day over my curly hair. Wish I could get those curls without the hours of work!

MaryMarx
April 7th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I agree with that it looks thicker, I have pretty thin hair and when it's curly it has a lot more volume. :)

NymphSpirit
April 7th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Wurls and curls mean all the pre raphaelite/fair maiden/mermaid awesomeness! :inlove:

Bambi
April 7th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Wurls and curls mean all the pre raphaelite/fair maiden/mermaid awesomeness! :inlove:

I know!!! Squueeeeeeeee:)

Bambi
April 7th, 2013, 03:30 PM

I know!!! Squueeeeeeeee:)

spirals
April 7th, 2013, 11:49 PM
--If you leave a fair amount of tasel on a braid, it curls up and is adorable.
--Boys think it's "wild," which in boy language is a compliment.
--Curly tendrils around the face draw attention to the eyes.
--messy--in a good way--updos
--Ponytails are interesting.
--Bad layers? No problem.

LadyCelestina
April 8th, 2013, 06:52 AM
I know the brushed out look isn't prefered here on LHC ,but I think it's cool :D And it is best done on naturaly curly hair.

And,positive comments...well I do remember one.When I was working at a restaurant last summer,I once left my hair down after work and ran into the kitchen.The co-worker looked at me and said "Oh you and that hair of yours...like an angel".It was very sweet!

kitschy
April 8th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Because so few natural curlies will actually wear their hair curly, it is just really unique.... .....at least where I live.

Elswyth
April 8th, 2013, 07:44 AM

My Sister loves trying out different updos on my hair because it has so much texture :)

goldloli
April 8th, 2013, 10:23 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

-holds styled curls well
-humidity = more mositurised hair, when it's cold and wet outside my hair feels so silky soft!
-added volume and bounce, even if you have fine hair
-recovers well from being exposed to rain
-looks awesome when dressed as a belly dancer/greek goddess
-adds interest to a muted dress or makeup look

chen bao jun
April 8th, 2013, 12:21 PM
you can walk right by the part of the store with all the products to 'add volume' and 'give body' to hair, since you naturally have that.
when you are a curly and wear your hair naturally, all the secret curlies (the ones who are flat-ironing or whatever) come up and talk to you, even perfect strangers, and share experiences--it's like being part of secret sorority
you really do not need to go to the hairdresser ever. For years I used to feel sorry for myself because I never could find a good hairdresser (I know there are good ones on this board but in real life, i've lived in three different states and followed loads of recommendations and never could find one). But now I feel happy that I don't need one. As others have stated, uneven cuts do not show, anyway, and since the only other thing hairdressers ever wanted to do with me was to straighten my hair, now that I don't have it straightened, there is just no need to bother.
your curls may not always come out the way you want, but when they DO, you have the hair that everyone wants and admires. It's a bit of downside that admiring means 'touch' to a lot of people but I do love the constant attention to and compliments on my hair.

LadyCelestina
April 9th, 2013, 07:42 AM
you can walk right by the part of the store with all the products to 'add volume' and 'give body' to hair, since you naturally have that.

I wish this would apply to me ! :wail:

going gray
April 9th, 2013, 09:54 AM
I'm just SO grateful, used to curse my texture back in the day. I now love it. It's APL almost to my goal of BSL," finally" after so many ups & downs.

spirals
April 9th, 2013, 07:41 PM
You know there will be a tornado before anyone else does.

LadyCelestina
April 10th, 2013, 06:08 AM
You know there will be a tornado before anyone else does.

How :D ? /ten characters

spirals
April 10th, 2013, 01:43 PM
^ I don't just get frizz. I get frizz that reaches for the sky :lol: .

DarkCurls
April 12th, 2013, 11:56 AM
^ I don't just get frizz. I get frizz that reaches for the sky :lol: .

That's like a superpower. :disbelief

This is a great thread! So much curl love. I must have something to contribute. I worship my curls!
Curly hair has an innate "wow" factor. Even if it isn't really long. People always sound... impressed by my hair when I wear it down.

PinkyCat
April 12th, 2013, 12:02 PM
"The one with the long curly hair over there"

It's me every time.

CurlyCurves
April 13th, 2013, 07:58 AM
They add to the look of exoticness :)

cooklaezo13
April 14th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Wurls and curls are bouncy, shiny, spirally and pretty. They make the hair look thick and voluminous. I don't have 'em but I think they're so beautiful, so celebrate your curly and wurly hair!

starry
April 17th, 2013, 12:43 AM
"it looks good" - courtesy my husband.

its probably worth noting that straighties curl their entire heads of hair to achieve what we wake up with- and they don't "fall out" or anything- they are very attractive- more swirly wurls to catch the light and draw the eye!