PDA

View Full Version : Me with short gray hair..

SearMeCarefully
August 27th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Lol I had too much fun with this! Wigs are fun..

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=264&pictureid=19684

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=264&pictureid=19687

There are a few more in my album if interested. Anyone else have wigs or do something like this? I used to try and make my hair look shorter but it never worked out too well lol. I want an anime type wig now.. like a purple colour or something ^_^

sipnsun
August 27th, 2008, 04:52 PM
A few years ago my mom shaved her head to get rid of some serious damage. She wore wigs for 18 months, until she was comfortable with the length again. I used to frequent the wig shop with her and it was so much fun. I ended up buying a long wig and several clip in hair pieces. Now my hair is about the length of the wig I bought, I just wish it was as thick.

Your pics are really cute!:)

Islandgrrl
August 27th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I'll bet that was fun. I wore a wig on a daily basis for a while, while my hair grew back from nothing. I remember being in the wig shop and trying on about a zillion wigs until I found something I could live with.

DecafJane
August 27th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I love those pictures - it looks like so much fun!

I have only worn a wig once, and that was at a party when my friend wore a LONG one as one of her costumes. I had boy-short hair at the time, and when I had the wig on, my then-boyfriend (now-DH) clung to me like glue. It was then that I worked out that he really, really likes long hair. ;) :p

Missie
August 27th, 2008, 05:45 PM
gosh they are quite real looking... I don't think I would have realized they were wigs unless you told me.. they look like you've come straight from the hairdresser :)

embee
August 27th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I bought a wig for my children's dressup box - it was at the thrift shop. :) We had such fun with it! Short blond curly hair - something none of us had.

Your wigs look cute and fun. How do you manage your real hair so a wig isn't lumpy? I know I'd have trouble with that.

longhairedfairy
August 27th, 2008, 07:24 PM
That looks fun. I'd love to do it, but I don't know where to get a decent wig that isn't too expensive. Your pics are cute! :) An anime-type one would be neat :)

SearMeCarefully
August 27th, 2008, 08:19 PM
thanks everyone! They really werent that expensive, I got one at a halloween shop for about 20 bucks, and the other on sale at a wig shop for 50.. it was a bit.. like I had a cone head because I just quickly wrapped up my hair around my head via a braid. but I think I'd split it up into different sections to spread it out and it'd work so it doesnt look slightly off..

intothemist1999
August 27th, 2008, 08:44 PM
gosh they are quite real looking... I don't think I would have realized they were wigs unless you told me.. they look like you've come straight from the hairdresser :)

I agree, those are some AMAZING wigs!! I really like how you look in the reddish-brown one!

Sidani
August 27th, 2008, 08:49 PM
In that black one you look like Bridget Fonda from about the time she did Single White Female. Very pretty! :flower:

goldenwaves
August 29th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Hehe great pics! Short hair doesn't look too bad on you, but long suits you much more :)

Dee 08
August 29th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Haha great pictures :)

Solange
August 29th, 2008, 06:45 AM
They do look real! When I have some extra money laying around (which could be a while since I'm on medical leave), I'd love to get a wig with short-ish hair, just to get a reaction, lol. Then once I've had my fun, I'll take the wig off and show everybody it's still long. :O)

jivete
August 29th, 2008, 07:04 AM
I bought a short wig recently to play with that looks kind of like your second one. It's fun to wear, but definitely makes me not want to cut my hair. My plan is to get a couple different styles to go out in occasionally. Unfortunately, I don't think I could wear one in anything but winter. Too hot. I do wear a wig cap with mine, because I'm scared of damage. I'm sure it'd be cooler without pantyhose on my head...

Siava
August 29th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Tee hee! I've only worn a wig once, a geisha one for Halloween. It *was* fun.