PDA

View Full Version : "New way" to color your hair

Kherome
April 6th, 2013, 09:35 PM
http://www.faboverfifty.com/what-your-salon-doesnt-want-you-to-know

Interesting, I wonder how popular this will be.

Kaelee
April 6th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Hmm. I have my doubts, because unlike a colorist, "e-salon" cannot actually SEE your hair, hold it in their hands, do a strand test to ensure that your hair can handle the dye and that you like the results. No matter how good your camera, the color captured in photographs will not be what it is in real life (and I have had many a frustration with lighting/camera making drastic changes to the color of whatever it is I'm trying to photograph!)

I don't know how it works, but unless you're actually mailing bits of your hair back and forth for strand testing etc. (which would take FOREVER to actually get your color) I just can't see how this is going to be as good.

I also think, if it's nearly as popular as the article is making it sound, Estelle must be a very overworked woman if she herself gives personal advice to every client. ;)

PeacenQuietGal
April 6th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Very interesting! Thank you.

Nedertane
April 6th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I too, would be skeptical about ordering a "custom" dye from the internet... if I were in the market to be dying my hair right now. ;)

Since I am not, the creation menu is absolutely fascinating! Thanks for sharing.

Mommyof4
April 7th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Hmm.. but if you wanted a dimensional coloring, you'd have to be able to foil your own head, which is a feat.

Mandie
April 7th, 2013, 01:40 AM
I actually did order from them a while back; they have a whole thing where you tell them what colour you are, what you want, and they have you send in a photo of your hair. The little package they send is really clever and cute with all the supplies and instructions and the dye was really nice. I wanted a redder brown, I got exactly what I asked them for. I was overall very pleased. I ended up going red instead of brown after that and didn't bother ordering again but now that I think about it I may look into it again.

spidermom
April 7th, 2013, 01:22 PM
An LHCer who can step in and name herself if she wants tried this service and ended up with the wrong color and extremely dried out and unruly hair.

meteor
April 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM
The only way I can see this as a good business proposition is if they let you send in your hair strands and then do a consultation based on that. And they should have really phenomenal, world-class colorists (e.g. colorists of famous people) to be able to attract enough interest from the public (otherwise, people can get the same service locally).

jacqueline101
April 7th, 2013, 02:35 PM
I think I'd have to pass.

MotherConfessor
April 7th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Erm... I'm pretty sure that's an ad.

akilina
April 7th, 2013, 05:04 PM
The part about " Hair dressers are scrambling to keep you from learning about this" and "Hairdressers are infuriated about eSalon’s home service" instills a big *lmfao* from me, and also a bigger :rolleyes: *eyeee rollllll*

I don't really see how this could work, and have never even heard of it, nor has any other of my hair dresser friends/colleagues. It doesn't sound like their service is that great for reasons that others have already stated.
Sure they might think their color is just awesome and great, but there are so many lines of color out there that are very impressive. I don't see how theirs could be any better. Also, sure you can provide great color, but its the technique that is most important. It seems that this advertisement might make people assume that just because it came from there, that their color will turn out amazingly. Im sure there are people who got terrible results and blame the company for it when its just lack of technique.

Seeing and touching the hair in real life is the most important steps before a color service, so I can see why spidermom knows of someone who had terrible results with the service.

goldloli
April 7th, 2013, 07:38 PM
hahaha this isnt new, how old is that advert? The company got some heat on hair boards like a year ago, idk maybe more, for writing fake reviews and harassing people who left negative reviews. Their product sometimes stained skin super bad and turned out the wrong colour from all I can remember. They may actually have a decent product with many great user experiences but it's impossible to know because of the amount of fake reviews. I remember the same thing with a hair extension company around the same time, they too were faking reviews and threatening to sue anyone (via pm) that left a bad review.