PDA

View Full Version : Chopped off my 'Mullet"

ebba
April 4th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Hello everyone!

So awhile back I posted about my horrible haircut
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y327/Sunbeeemz/8b0e8f7b-8815-4174-9ef6-462bbffede06.jpg

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y327/Sunbeeemz/dcc765a7-a618-4201-b3f9-fd6f1510f0bf.jpg

Remember these beauties? ugghhh So I took your advice and just chopped it off and here are the results with better lighting & camera.

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y327/Sunbeeemz/Screenshot2013-04-04at20703PM.pnghttp://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y327/Sunbeeemz/Screenshot2013-04-04at20513PM.png (lol derp picture)

I bought some Biotin, Folic acid, a multi vitamin & Nubeauty Silica hair, Skin & Nails along with my trusty oils & Mane & Tail. It sucks how short it is but hair grows and I just clip it up everyday (no heat) and eventually it will be long and beautiful

Also its straightened (which makes it look so thin and stringy haha) and you can see that it is still uneven on the right but I didn't want to cut more length off so now i will S&D for 6 months and hopefully grow out over the summer :)

lapushka
April 4th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Good on you for recovering so well after that disaster. Happy growing! :D :thumbsup:

leslissocool
April 4th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Looks great! Looks like a bob to me!

I did the feye self trim and have 2 inch difference on the sides of my hair :lol: I got a CreaClip now, it's really not that noticeable I found out when I was teaching DH to use the clip.

Nebulae
April 4th, 2013, 03:26 PM
I think you made a good decision, now you don't have to feel stressed about your bad cut and can just grow from here! Good luck on your hair journey. :D

embee
April 4th, 2013, 04:08 PM
That's cute as it can be! :) Now to let it grow grow grow!

It is unbelieveable what a frightful haircut you got back then, never saw anything quite like it before. Can't help but wonder what was up with the stylist.. was she drunk or doped or something???

MiaBeth
April 4th, 2013, 04:15 PM
It looks much healthier after the cut ... now you can focus on gaining length!

Kyaatje
April 4th, 2013, 04:27 PM
It looks good ! Enjoy your journey to long and healthy hair

rach
April 4th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Looks great , good move.
If you wanted a straight look at this length hair wrapping works well (no heat, damp hair and a scarf over night while it dries underneath).
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=37395&highlight=hair+wrap

minxe
April 4th, 2013, 04:50 PM
You and your hair are both so beautiful! Can't wait to see your progress (:

KAggs
April 4th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Good move on the chop! At least you don't have to worry anymore and just have to focus on it growing out. :) I'm sorry that happened to you in the first place. :(

And can I say that you're a FOX! So beautiful! :agree:

meteor
April 4th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Great move!:) Your hair will go through awesome stages in growth (I think it's a lot more fun trying out different styles before you hit waist), and it will be an exciting journey!

And can I say that you're a FOX! So beautiful! :agree:
I totally concur! :) And with long hair, you'll be even more so! :)

jacqueline101
April 4th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Looks better.

browneyedsusan
April 4th, 2013, 05:34 PM
:applause: Smart move! It looks great, and looks like you've never been through that nightmare haircut. It should be MUCH easier to grow out now. Good for you on taking the plunge and getting it evened up.

omgkfclolz
April 4th, 2013, 09:20 PM
your so pretty. i like your hair either way :)

Naiadryade
April 4th, 2013, 10:12 PM
That's a much better cut! You'll have fun with it while it's growing through various lengths.

I must say though, your natural texture is really lovely and I think it would still look good short. It's so beautiful and interesting and depth-ful... I envy your wurls. It looks fine straight too, and you're certainly beautiful enough to pull both looks off, but I hope you wear it natural most of the time! Both for the sake of your hair's health as it grows out and because your natural texture is just so nice.

Cheele
April 4th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Looks great! And I have to say, as I was scrolling through the pics, I thought the face pic was of some model's hair that you wanted your cut to look like or something. You are gorgeous.. such a model's face! Wonderful bone structure :o.

Micayla47
April 4th, 2013, 11:08 PM
i don't know the whole hair story but when i first saw your picture i thought it was a model! you are a beautiful girl with any hair length :)

ghost
April 4th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Yay, no more mullet! The new cut looks good on you.

omgkfclolz
April 4th, 2013, 11:39 PM
i don't know the whole hair story but when i first saw your picture i thought it was a model! you are a beautiful girl with any hair length :)

i agree, she's very pretty

Suze2012
April 5th, 2013, 12:40 AM
What a difference! :)

You look stunning!
I can understand you straightening while it's quite short...but I would love to see a pic of it curly too I bet it's cute on you curly at that length.

I saw your other thread and felt your pain...but wow...such a change! Good for you! :)

woolyleprechaun
April 5th, 2013, 01:02 AM
You and your hair are very pretty :) (don't want to sound creepy :P)
I'm so glad you are happy now- your hair will grow in not time at all!

ebba
April 5th, 2013, 01:23 AM
thank you all for the kind words!

teal
April 5th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Oh, I'm glad you're not suffering with that 'do any more. That last pic blew me away - you're beautiful! :)

KittyBird
April 5th, 2013, 02:05 AM
That's such a huge difference from that horrific cut you had! This 'do is really adorable and suits you so well. You look gorgeous! :)

MaryO
April 5th, 2013, 04:27 AM
It is unbelieveable what a frightful haircut you got back then, never saw anything quite like it before. Can't help but wonder what was up with the stylist.. was she drunk or doped or something???

I was thinking the same thing!

It looks very nice now- good luck with growing it out!

What a pretty face you have! :-)

Dandelion6
April 5th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Good choice. You look stunning!

Mommyof4
April 5th, 2013, 10:54 PM
You look great, it'll be grown out in no time! At first, I didn't read the post, and just saw the "after" pics.... I thought you were posting pics of a model.. you're so very pretty :D

In a non-creepy way of course :p

Iscoria
April 6th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Looks great! You did the right thing cutting it. It always feels bad to cut your hair when you're trying to grow it but it's for the best! Now you can get long AND healthy hair :D

Happy growing!

oktobergoud
April 6th, 2013, 03:46 AM
It looks a lot better now! :) I love the colour too!

oktobergoud
April 6th, 2013, 03:47 AM
You look great, it'll be grown out in no time! At first, I didn't read the post, and just saw the "after" pics.... I thought you were posting pics of a model.. you're so very pretty :D

I thought so to!

Mommyof4
April 6th, 2013, 03:51 AM
I thought so to!

LOL! I was like, hmm.. this is the cut she wants and she copy/pasted a picture of a model and is getting opinions.. oh wait, no that is her! :D

Mesmerise
April 6th, 2013, 04:40 AM
LOL! I was like, hmm.. this is the cut she wants and she copy/pasted a picture of a model and is getting opinions.. oh wait, no that is her! :D

That's what I thought too :)

It also occurred to me that maybe the stylist did such an awful cut because she's just so darn pretty and the stylist had a serious case of envy!!! (Either that or the stylist was on drugs... or something...).

Golden
April 6th, 2013, 05:00 AM
It looks really good! Happy growing!

Angelica
April 6th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Your hair looks beautiful now, I love the colour and condition of it. You are so pretty too :)

sisi33
April 6th, 2013, 11:38 AM
:bigeyes: Has anyone ever told you that you are a dead ringer for Kyoko from SkipBeat? Congrats on your new haircut! Looks like it'll be very easy to transition to long lengths!

jeanniet
April 6th, 2013, 05:37 PM
I know it's hard to wait for it to grow, but in another six months it really will be noticeably different. I'm glad you cut off the mess the cut left you with; this looks much better and I hope is something you can live with for now.

BrightEyes
April 6th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Your cut looks great! :)

Addy
April 6th, 2013, 07:17 PM
That cut was terrible but I have a feeling you are going to recover with no ill effects whatsoever because you are so beautiful!

Congratulations on getting through that! :cool:

Mommyof4
April 6th, 2013, 07:23 PM
That's what I thought too :)

It also occurred to me that maybe the stylist did such an awful cut because she's just so darn pretty and the stylist had a serious case of envy!!! (Either that or the stylist was on drugs... or something...).

I agree, the stylist must have had something going on.. and she is definitely pretty enough to have people be envious..

PeacenQuietGal
April 6th, 2013, 09:30 PM
I like it alot, and it should be super easy to grow from here. You remind me of Natalie Portman!