PDA

View Full Version : Interesting long hair designs

pdy2kn6
August 27th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I was watching a programme online (on youtube.com) called 'Shear Genius', has anybody heard of it? It is a reality show in America, where a bunch of skilled hairdressers work under one roof and at the end of a haircut/style one wins and one is eliminated (the individual who has the worst hairstyle as percieved by the judges). I was watching it last night and a nice surprise was the challenge where the stylists had to style women's hair, which was on average waist length (some even longer). I would really recomend people watching it as it shows some fascinating and crazy hairstyles for really long hair. Don't worry everyone, there was no cutting allowed...thankfully. Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMI3F_Unu9s&feature=related

Islandgrrl
August 27th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Oh..now that was really interesting. I've never seen the show before. I really like that they weren't allowed to cut.

bamachick
August 27th, 2008, 04:35 PM
OMG that woman was using her foot. There is no way anyone would step on my hair and live.

SearMeCarefully
August 27th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Oh awesome its loading now! I wish I had cable to watch this show all the time! Or at least a bigger monitor :lol:

anna1850
August 27th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Gosh, they really do have reality shows for everything now, don't they ;)

I really liked some of the updos they came up with, although there was still to much teasing for my taste.

I really liked the pearl updo but I felt so sorry for the ankle-length hair woman and the "thin-haired" woman. I'm glad they wouldn't let them cut the hair.

vindo
August 27th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Its not loading well for me but sounds like a great idea compared to the "from long to short Makeovers".

wait: whos that dude that said " I just want to cut it off?" :mad:

goodenough
August 27th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I guess it shows how much most stylists don't like long hair. That poor woman with "thin" hair! What a stupid thing to say. I love thin hair.

Angelica
August 28th, 2008, 04:09 PM
They all had really beautiful hair. I didn't like the attitude of the man who said he just wanted to cut it all off. I think those styles were too stressful on the hair. The "thin" haired girl, that style was too severe and I think far too stressful on her fine hair.

I have very fine hair too and that is the reason I won't allow an hair dresser to go near it. All that tugging and dragging no thank you.

Much better to have thick hair, but it's in the genes!

Euphony
August 28th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I guess it shows how much most stylists don't like long hair. That poor woman with "thin" hair! What a stupid thing to say. I love thin hair.
I so wanted to slap that guy! I loved it when she (the hair dresser) was complaining that she could only do so much with so little hair, and the guy that was judging said there's a lot of hair.

Kirin
August 28th, 2008, 05:24 PM
There was already a thread about this show "Shear Genius" and the long hair episode.

plainjanegirl
August 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Wow! They really came up with some neat dos.....though some were a bit out there.

Catladyintown
August 28th, 2008, 05:48 PM
The winner of Shear Genius was announced last night. I always watch the program. But most of the time it is about cutting hair. Some of the hair style are awful and what they think is beauty I found that it is funny.:cheese:

RavennaNight
August 28th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I so wanted to slap that guy! I loved it when she (the hair dresser) was complaining that she could only do so much with so little hair, and the guy that was judging said there's a lot of hair.

I think the stylist picked the way wrong style for the hair. If the hair is fine, a bazillion cornrows tied and knotted about isn't a wise bet--for the overall look, or the hair. It was cool to see a style/makeover show where the hair WASNT cut off, though.