the rest of my hair will but it won't

i hate having short hair and prefer having longer hair

anyways

here's a pic i just took tonight

http://imgur.com/wKwIey1

and here's one a few weeks ago.

http://imgur.com/PQf9Kh7

and as you can see there's no growth in bangs

a lady who cut my hair said i had "baby hairs" in the front and that's why i wont grow. i doubt it's that, those hairs in the front are pretty thick. on the other hand it's not as plentiful as the sides or the back, but i was wondering what the community thinks

I'd like to get my bangs, and rest of my hair down to this length and get a trim around that length.

http://imgur.com/tNLIBsT

His hair looks great and recently combed, sadly my hair looks worn out at the end of the day and is oily even if i don't try to touch it/put a humidity spray in it.

furnival
April 4th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Hair grows about 1/2" a month. Leave it a few months and see... It's a slow process. It will grow though, it's very unlikely that you have a large section of your hair that doesn't grow at all. Sometimes hair grows at different speeds on different parts of the head. It looks to me from your pictures that your hair has grown a normal amount for a few weeks anyway. I find it's most encouraging to take pictures every 3 months- that way I get to see a definite change in length. :)

MaryMarx
April 4th, 2013, 03:24 AM
The problem with bangs (or atleast mine) is that if they have the tiniest amount of wave to it, the growth won't show up.
Mine looks like it's stuck at cheekbone, but if I stretch it out it's past chin.

Neneka
April 4th, 2013, 03:41 AM
I agree, you can't really see growth after just some weeks. It took me something like half a year (maybe more. I am not sure anymore) to get my bangs to reach the tip of my chin. It's slow and frustrating process but you will get there. Just do not cut it and its inevitable.

Your hair seems to have nice texture and colour. :)

faellen
April 4th, 2013, 03:51 AM
It looks to me from your pictures that your hair has grown a normal amount for a few weeks anyway.

I agree with this. If it's only a few weeks you're not gonna see a huge change in growth. It's nothing to do with "baby hairs" around your hairline, your fringe (sorry, I'm English, feels wrong to call it bangs!) is terminal hair.

Raging Wolf
April 4th, 2013, 05:12 AM
I have to agree with what other people are saying. I had baby hairs and spots that would break constantly, but with gentle scalp rubs and drop of morroccan oil mine have grown down to my chin in about 6 months. It can be a slow process at times but it is so worth the wait. Depending on how often your shampooing your hair, it may be causing your oilness. Try stretching your washes to every other day and just rinse your hair on the odd days, if it is really oily until your scalp adjusts to new routine.

omgkfclolz
April 4th, 2013, 09:48 PM
I can't go a day without washing my hair, it feels so odd and oily, even if i just wash it in water, it still feels horrible. It's as if my hair was oily, i stood in the rain for 20 mins, and went back inside and did nothing with it. That's what it feels like
Is there any light shampoo that i can use that'll make it look clean without stripping much oil from my hair?

Thanks for the comments btw

furnival
April 5th, 2013, 03:12 AM
I can't go a day without washing my hair, it feels so odd and oily, even if i just wash it in water, it still feels horrible. It's as if my hair was oily, i stood in the rain for 20 mins, and went back inside and did nothing with it. That's what it feels like
Is there any light shampoo that i can use that'll make it look clean without stripping much oil from my hair?

Thanks for the comments btw
Strange oily-feeling hair can be caused by product buildup. What products do you use? Also, washing too frequently with harsh shampoos can cause the scalp to produce more oils.

mzBANGBANG
April 5th, 2013, 05:37 AM
hang in there! You'll start to notice in about two months, when they are flying in your face and your next thread will be, "what the Heck do I do with my long bangs?"

jacqueline101
April 5th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Hang in there keep having faith that they'll grow.

akurah
April 5th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Your bangs are longer in the most recent photo than they are in the older one.

Look closer.

WilfredAllen
April 6th, 2013, 12:16 AM
they grow faster when you're not looking at them! I swear! haha. Hang in there, k?

Raging Wolf
April 6th, 2013, 07:55 AM
My shampoo is Natures Gate Pomegranate and Sunflower and it does wonders for my hair. My scalp has always been oily and I personally found that this shampoo allows me to stretch my washes for two days. My boyfriend has oily scalp and he loves lemongrass and clary by Natures Gate as well to him it smells more manly and less fruity. He makes me laugh, but you could try one these to see if that may help your oiliness.