PDA

View Full Version : Finally! My first anniversary on TLHC! :3

KAggs
April 1st, 2013, 06:44 PM
Grr. I'm miffed that I have to write this again. :( Re-do!

On a happier note, I'm really glad that I can join the ranks of those who've had hair anniversaries! I always got jealous when I saw various threads related to this topic. Now, it's finally my turn. :D

Even though I joined TLHC back in April 2012, I actually started to grow my hair out since the summer of 2010. I had a pixie cut for a little over a month and I was just not into it. :/ Maybe again in the future, but we shall see. Since then, I've been growing out my hair. I made the serious change of my haircare routine during March 2012.

1. I stopped using my hair-dryer. I only now use it maybe 2-3 times a month, or just whenever it's necessary.
2. I introduced my hair to coconut oil! I use it as an overnight deep treatment. I use it once every week to every other week.
3. I've switched my hair products up the wahzoo. From sulfate-free, to Mane N' Tail, to now Yes to Carrots shampoo and conditioner. I think this one's the winner.
4. I'm finally getting the hang of just washing my hair when it feels like it. Maybe every day to every other. I do take a break on the weekend. Baby powder helps.

Alright. Enough yapping! Here comes the pictures.

Here's my pixie cut back in the summer of 2010:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Kai-sama/Long%20Hair%20Journey/Photoon2010-05-21at22062_zps86d7c9d7.jpg

Here's my first hair-length picture as of March 26, 2012:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Kai-sama/Long%20Hair%20Journey/Photoon2012-03-26at1224.jpg

And here's of today, April 1, 2013:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Kai-sama/Long%20Hair%20Journey/Photoon4-1-13at340PM_zps4e0a14c0.jpg
I got my hemline trimmed for a more blunt look last month. I would've been BSL, but oh well! Bye bye velcro ends.

It's really been a long journey, even though this year has flown by! I can't wait to see where this year takes me. Thanks for letting me share this with you all! :D

kittengirl
April 1st, 2013, 06:49 PM
Wow, it's beautiful! We are on almost exactly the same hair journey!

PixxieStix
April 1st, 2013, 07:21 PM
Happy hair-iversary! Congratulations on finding the right routine for you, and for sharing your photos with us!

MiaBeth
April 1st, 2013, 07:31 PM
Wow, it grew so much this last year -- it looks super healthy. Nice work!

KAggs
April 1st, 2013, 08:09 PM
kittengirl: I hope we can reach waist length during this year then! :D

PixxieStix: Thanks! And it's definitely a 'trail and error' situation, as I'm sure everyone understands. I can only hope that my hair will like these products for a while.

MiaBeth: Thanks! :D

Indigo Girl
April 1st, 2013, 08:59 PM
Wow KAggs, your hair looks so healthy - it's got great body and shine. Beautiful! :bluesmile

rainfortheend
April 1st, 2013, 09:06 PM
Gorgeous! So shiny, and it's gotten so thick! :)

kittengirl
April 1st, 2013, 09:06 PM
kittengirl: I hope we can reach waist length during this year then! :D

PixxieStix: Thanks! And it's definitely a 'trail and error' situation, as I'm sure everyone understands. I can only hope that my hair will like these products for a while.

MiaBeth: Thanks! :D

I hope so! I'm about 1-2 inches from BSL but I have a rather high waist so it shouldn't be too far behind! ;) Isn't it great not to have all those horrible incredibly short pixie layers anymore?!

bahoban
April 1st, 2013, 09:49 PM
looks really thick and healthy!! congratulations!!! :flower:

Falcore
April 2nd, 2013, 12:06 AM
I'm going to have to agree with everyone else, and say how healthy your hair looks. You have a lovely thick hemline as well.

Congrats on one year!

SleepyTangles
April 2nd, 2013, 06:15 AM
OMG, your hair look so soft... it has a beautiful velvety sheen. Great progress, and beautiful thick ends!

SleepyTangles
April 2nd, 2013, 06:18 AM
Double post

ravenheather
April 2nd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Beautiful hair. So shiny and dark

bunzfan
April 2nd, 2013, 08:48 AM
Wow it grew a lot!! what gorgeous thick hair you have:agape:

vindo
April 2nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
Your hair looks great! So much improvement since last year :) It looks very healthy.

Mischamiu
April 2nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
That is some amazing growth! Congrats :D

MaryO
April 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Wow, your hair looks so thick and healthy! Thanks for sharing, you give me hope! ;-)

lapushka
April 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
Quite the journey, all the way from a pixie cut. Great progress! :D :thumbsup:

jacqueline101
April 2nd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Your hair is so thick and shiny. Looks great.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 2nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
Your hair looks wonderfully thick and glossy and has grown so much too, you must be delighted! Well done! :)

KAggs
April 2nd, 2013, 04:22 PM
Thank you everyone! :D I feel a lot more confident about my hair now after reading all these posts. It's hard to share the same excitement with my fiancé. lol

march_sun
April 2nd, 2013, 05:38 PM
WOW!!! I absolutely love your hair :) your hair journey is inspiring

minxe
April 2nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
How beautiful! Congratulations!

ladylowtide
April 2nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
Wow! Congratulations! You have quite the head of hair.

Mandie
April 2nd, 2013, 06:09 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, congratulations!

KAggs
April 2nd, 2013, 11:39 PM
WOW!!! I absolutely love your hair :) your hair journey is inspiring

Wow! Thank you so much! Didn't think I would have that type of impact. :blushing:

And thanks again everyone!

ghost
April 3rd, 2013, 12:17 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary! Your hair looks so pretty and healthy, imagine how it'll look a year from now :)

DancingQueen
April 3rd, 2013, 12:32 AM
I started my journey in december 2009 with chin-legnth hair when straightened, and are now maybe an inch or two past APL. How did your hair grow so fast? It looks amazing, and very shiny. I am jealous, lol. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
April 3rd, 2013, 01:38 AM
You know, I think LHCers really know how to appreciate hair!

oktobergoud
April 3rd, 2013, 04:40 AM
Wow your hair looks amazing!! So thick and healthy AND long :o I wish my hair grew as fast as yours, but it's definitely inspiring :)

KAggs
April 3rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
I started my journey in december 2009 with chin-legnth hair when straightened, and are now maybe an inch or two past APL. How did your hair grow so fast? It looks amazing, and very shiny. I am jealous, lol. :)

I think the biggest booster for my hair growth was dropping the heating tools. I'm a bad person- I never used a heat protectant. D: I'm pretty sure this did the trick, plus my hair genes from my parents! Both of their hair grows ridiculously fast.

AnnaB
April 3rd, 2013, 03:56 PM
your hair is so thick! amazing progress!