PDA

View Full Version : Braided my niece's hair :)

Thinthondiel
April 1st, 2013, 12:55 PM
I braided my niece's hair a couple of days ago since I can't experiment a lot with different braids on my own hair (I have an undercut on both sides), and this was the result. It was fun to get to try out some of my braiding skills that I've learnt from just doing simple, straight french and dutch braids on my own hair and from watching braiding tutorials. :) I did a ladder braid on her hair the day before, but I didn't take pictures.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b5a6bdc882a640ebe5f9c6031adefacf/tumblr_mkl8ypW3dj1qgj126o1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/22d7bcdd3d02022fc951bc9cd2a785d7/tumblr_mkl8ypW3dj1qgj126o2_500.jpg

ghost
April 1st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Looks cool! That's the kind of thing I would love to do on my own hair, but don't really have the patience for.

MissAlida
April 1st, 2013, 01:17 PM
That is so beautiful! :thud: I wish someone would braid my hair like that. Actually, I wish I had that much hair to braid in the first place. But it looks very pretty.

lapushka
April 1st, 2013, 01:19 PM
Nicely done!

woolyleprechaun
April 1st, 2013, 01:33 PM
Ooooooh, thats pretty *obsessively stares at pic to copy style*

melusine963
April 1st, 2013, 01:40 PM
Wow! That's a beautiful braid. Your niece is a lucky girl to have you experimenting on her. :)

jacqueline101
April 1st, 2013, 04:23 PM
The hair do is fabulous.

MiaBeth
April 1st, 2013, 07:42 PM
Lucky girl! Looks awesome.

heidi w.
April 1st, 2013, 07:49 PM
Working with younger people's hair is always fun. Because it hasn't really hit real life. Real life sets in around 7-10 years of age when the hair can do anything from shedding a lot to changing hue of color. I used to have white hair until it went all golden and then I moved yet further north in this fine continent that we live on. So now it almost looks completely brunette. Some swear I have brunette hair. It just depends. And we should never anticipate having in adulthood the same hair we had in childhood. There are at least 3 major sheds during adulthood. Not to mention any other problems a person may have in the meanwhile. Right now, I'm investigating a new eating style, a vegan lifestyle. I'm gonna really try it which includes juicing. Right now I have one mentor and a lot of wondering what would happen. Juicing..etc.
heidi w.

heidi w.
April 1st, 2013, 07:50 PM
Working with younger people's hair is always fun. Because it hasn't really hit real life. Real life sets in around 7-10 years of age when the hair can do anything from shedding a lot to changing hue of color. I used to have white hair until it went all golden and then I moved yet further north in this fine continent that we live on. So now it almost looks completely brunette. Some swear I have brunette hair. It just depends. And we should never anticipate having in adulthood the same hair we had in childhood. There are at least 3 major sheds during adulthood. Not to mention any other problems a person may have in the meanwhile. Right now, I'm investigating a new eating style, a vegan lifestyle. I'm gonna really try it which includes juicing. Right now I have one mentor and a lot of wondering what would happen. Juicing..etc.
heidi w.

Mandie
April 1st, 2013, 10:35 PM
Things you must do: Post some progress shots so we can see how to do that. It's beautiful!

Thinthondiel
April 2nd, 2013, 04:15 AM
I'm glad you all like it! :)

It's basically the same as the braid in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbz-na--8mg), except my niece's hair wasn't long enough to layer the spiral to create the flower/petal effect (I think it might have worked if I'd made the outer edge of the spiral smaller, but I didn't want to go back and do it over again), so I didn't bother to do the "pancaking" she's talking about since it wouldn't look like a flower anyway.

Thinthondiel
April 2nd, 2013, 04:21 AM
heidi w.

My niece is 13, so her hair has gone through some changes, mainly in colour, I think. Her hair is darker than it used to be. But it's so soft compared to mine! :) She has fine hair, but a lot of it.

MaryO
April 2nd, 2013, 10:08 AM
That is beautiful!