PDA

View Full Version : I have triple hair goals

Michiru
March 31st, 2013, 07:13 PM
They are a bit contradictory.

My first hair goal is to keep my hair in a color and style that I identify with. I have always seen my self as a long haired blonde with just a few face framing layers. However I am naturally light brown (after childhood). I have a freida blonde spray that I use on the scalp. I got my hair died a while ago but it turned out really bad and if I ever do anything like that again it will just be to highlights at most.

The second it to keep my hair as healthy as possible. (see contradictory ;)) This may mean giving cassia a second try and using hair vitamins and good shampoos and conditioners (that part I haven't stopped). I'm not sure if it's an age thing or genetics but I seem to be loosing a lot more hair recently. I did have to be put under a year and a half ago but I would have thought the hair lose would have stopped.

This third goal is multi leveled. I have been away from this sight for a year and when I came back I saw post where people where saying how they will reach such and such a goal by 2014. I found this site in 2003 and joined in 2004 and had planned to have finger tip hair by the time I was 27. That is now. I am a hand length to tailbone. Over the years my enthusiasm for keeping up with all the hair rules has fluctuated as I became closer to my goal. My ends could have fit into a straw at my longest. At first I was thinking it would be nice to have hair the same length as my age since that will take the pressure off. ( I don't know how long exactly my hair is now, all of my stuff is in storage until I find a job but at my longest it was 3 ft and that was classic) I've decided I still want to try for finger tip but will have to go about it differently. I want to go to that Madora salon. Whether or not I will is another matter. I've been staying with my dad in CA which is an hr from one but I am now in a hotel in MD where I may get a job. I have to find ways to thicken up my hair, especially my ends, since I'm loosing so much hair. I have to learn more updos, a faccare clip won't cut it as much as I love them. And I do have to do a light trimming. I'm not one of those people who can go a year without it, my hair is just too fine and now to thin.

I know this is more of a journal post (thanks for reading) but I just wanted to get it out. Especially since I've know about this site for nearly 10 years now and have been a member about over 8.

Side note. I have no idea how people who have been here for a year or less have 1000s + posts. :boggles the mind: :confused:

earthnut
March 31st, 2013, 07:52 PM
If you must bleach, I'd use a coconut oil pretreatment. There's a big thread on it somewhere around here. EDIT: here you are: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10495

As for your length, the first thing that comes to mind is that you may need to microtrim frequently to nip damaged ends in the bud before they cause more damage. You could also try oiling the ends every day, using a lot less shampoo (if any), and protein treatments.

GrowingGlory
April 1st, 2013, 02:25 AM
Have you considered using chamomile tea to wash your hair? It will make your hair look blonde without bleaching or damaging it. Cassia tea will add golden tones, too.

Michiru
April 1st, 2013, 04:01 AM
I didn't know chamomile tea could clean hair. I will have to research that more. Thanks! Is cassia tea like a paste or the same consistency as henna?

GrowingGlory
April 1st, 2013, 05:24 AM
There is a cassia thread somewhere on LHC. I've never used it personally but lots of other people seem to like it.

Chamomile tea could also be used on clean hair as a final rinse. I've used this recipe: Add 2T chamomile flowers to 2c boiling water. Cover and simmer until 1c liquid remains. Allow to cool completely without removing from burner (if applicable). Strain to remove chamomile flowers. Apply to freshly washed hair (clarifying shampoo, no conditioner afterward). Rinse out after 20m or leave in as you prefer. Its effects are intensified by leaving it in your hair and air-drying it outdoors.

GrowingGlory
April 1st, 2013, 05:30 AM
There is a cassia thread somewhere on LHC. I've never used it personally but lots of other people seem to like it.

Chamomile tea could also be used on clean hair as a final rinse. I've used this recipe: Add 2T chamomile flowers to 2c water. Cover, bring to a boil over Medium heat, then turn heat down to Low and simmer until 1c liquid remains. Allow to cool completely without removing from burner (if applicable). Strain to remove chamomile flowers. Apply to freshly washed hair (clarifying shampoo, no conditioner afterward) that has been towel-dried. Rinse out after 20m or leave in as you prefer. Its effects are intensified by leaving it in hair and air-drying outdoors.

jacqueline101
April 1st, 2013, 09:43 AM
I'd try a chamomile rinse to help lighten your hair.

ghost
April 1st, 2013, 01:50 PM
You can still keep your hair pretty healthy even if you bleach it or get highlights; it's all about how you treat it the rest of the time. I absolutely recommend applying coconut oil before you bleach or color, like earthnut recommended. Chamomile rinses will help add some warmer, golden tones to your hair but in my experience they don't do a lot to lighten it. I used them a lot when I had my naturally blonette hair and they didn't really change the color, just made it brighter.
I like mictrotrims for when I want to thicken up my ends -just take off 1/4" every month or two, so you're still gaining some growth. Over time your hemline will thicken up even as your hair gets longer.
Do you know why you might be losing hair?

Michiru
April 1st, 2013, 03:53 PM
I don't know for certain why I'm loosing hair. I'm still using a gentle shampoo and conditioner and a good comb. That's why I chocked it up to genetics or age. This is the age my dad lost a lot of his hair. Over several years I was able to restrict calories and looses 50 lbs to get to a healthy weight but that didn't happen all at once. I've started eating a lot of egg whites and noticed that while I still loose hair it's only about 1/3 to 1/4.

I have thought about trying coconut oil. I will have to wait until I get a job.

I do have chamomile flowers but they are in storage.