PDA

View Full Version : Manic Panic and Henna?

utdesertrunner
March 30th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Has anyone tried Manic Panic over their henna? I know it would not be as bright of a strip of color, using it over henna, as if it would be on a blonde strip. My big concern is if there will be any kind of bad chemical reaction. I would test strip of course.

Lunadriael
March 30th, 2013, 02:56 PM
I've used manic panic vampire red over hennna and henndigo a couple of times and it goes dark red. No bad reactions at all. :) As long as your henna was BAQ and there were no chemicals in there it should be fine. Always do a strand test though if you're unsure. :)

Mesmerise
March 30th, 2013, 03:39 PM
I concur. I have used it over henna and it's fine. Of course I only used henna not henna mixed with metallic salts... but even if you had, I don't think manic panic would react the way chemical dyes would (of course, a strand test is always a great idea).

utdesertrunner
March 30th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Good to know. I have always used BAQ henna, but I will test anyways. I want to try something fun with the ends or under part of the hair.

I saw there are different ways to get the Manic Panic. Any recommendations? Did I see a gel? Is it pretty easy to put on?

Thanks everyone!