PDA

View Full Version : I didn't believe the hype...

minxe
March 30th, 2013, 02:37 PM
But today I went out and finally bought a Tangle Teezer, and all I can say is :shocked:

Consider me converted!

leslissocool
March 30th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Yay :cheese: I recently bought one too, I didn't believe it either and now I have another one on the mail :lol:.

minxe
March 30th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Yay :cheese: I recently bought one too, I didn't believe it either and now I have another one on the mail :lol:.I might by another, too! One for my purse, one for every bathroom, one just in case I misplace one of those... :whistle:

jacqueline101
March 30th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I have one they're alright I hate sound they make when you comb.

ravenreed
March 30th, 2013, 03:03 PM
My only complaint is that I wish there was a flatter version that would fit in my small purse. I love mine, it never breaks hairs or makes knots worse.

In2wishin
March 30th, 2013, 03:14 PM
I might by another, too! One for my purse, one for every bathroom, one just in case I misplace one of those... :whistle:

And if you are a kitty mama you might want to get one for the furkids. Best brush for getting the loose hairs off my shorthair and it is the only brush my longhair will tolerate.

a few minutes with the TT and I almost created another cat:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/eclctcmnd/fuzzykitten.jpg

minxe
March 30th, 2013, 03:15 PM
And if you are a kitty mama you might want to get one for the furkids. Best brush for getting the loose hairs off my shorthair and it is the only brush my longhair will tolerate.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/eclctcmnd/fuzzykitten.jpgWhoah, that's insane! I think I'll have to get each of my three babies their own! I think my Maine Coon will love that.

melusine963
March 30th, 2013, 04:21 PM

:bigeyes: Good grief, I wish I'd had one of these when I was looking after my neighbours' long-haired cat. He really could have used one!

Shebelina
March 30th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I love love love it! I have two, the original and the compact, I use nothing else for my hair now.

It works on huskies too, she has one of her own and it works brilliantly to get the loose hair from her undercoat out. In one sitting it gets enough fur out to stuff several cushions! Of course the little smooth haired jack russell has to have a go too, no benefit to her coat but she loves the massage :p

MiaBeth
March 30th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Ha, I use one on my papillon -- it's gentle on his long, silky fur!

faellen
March 30th, 2013, 04:33 PM
I have two, the original for home and the compact for my bag, and I couldn't be without either of them! :D

In2wishin
March 30th, 2013, 04:40 PM
It works on huskies too, she has one of her own and it works brilliantly to get the loose hair from her undercoat out. In one sitting it gets enough fur out to stuff several cushions! Of course the little smooth haired jack russell has to have a go too, no benefit to her coat but she loves the massage :p

Ha, I use one on my papillon -- it's gentle on his long, silky fur!

Ha! and here I thought I came up with something new and brilliant to do with my TT.

Ayjay
March 30th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Now I really need to get another so I can use it on my Pom. I bet he would like it a lot more than the metal version. http://www.mikkipet.com/?mikki_grooming=small-anti-tangle-undercoat-rake-for-doublethick-coats

embee
March 30th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Wow, y'all have about convinced me I need one! Too bad I didn't have one when Miss Minnie Cat was alive, she shed lots of long calico hair. ;)

GrowingGlory
March 30th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I love the cat hair pile! What is your cat's hair type? Does she look like a chihuahua now?

In2wishin
March 30th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I love the cat hair pile! What is your cat's hair type? Does she look like a chihuahua now?

His fur is short and very soft, and sheds a ton.

here he is with his Maine Coon sister who will tolerate the Tangle Teezer, but no other brush:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/eclctcmnd/IMGP0344.jpg

GrowingGlory
March 30th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Those are beautiful cats!

In2wishin
March 30th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Those are beautiful cats!

mandu (the grey) and Mika (the Coonie) say "Thanks!" :flower:

CastaDiva
March 31st, 2013, 05:16 AM
His fur is short and very soft, and sheds a ton.

here he is with his Maine Coon sister who will tolerate the Tangle Teezer, but no other brush:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/eclctcmnd/IMGP0344.jpg

What beautiful cats!

And what an abundance of beautiful flowers on that tree outside your window! I wish I had a tree like that in my garden. Is it a cherry tree?

ETA: Sorry for hijacking your thread, op:flower:

GeoJ
March 31st, 2013, 06:20 AM
Tangle Teezers are all I use for my DD! I keep one in each bathroom and one in my car. The one in my car has not been damaged by the heat that builds up when parked for hours in the sun. :)

In2wishin
March 31st, 2013, 06:54 AM
What beautiful cats!

And what an abundance of beautiful flowers on that tree outside your window! I wish I had a tree like that in my garden. Is it a cherry tree?

ETA: Sorry for hijacking your thread, op:flower:

The tree is a flowering crab.

My apologies also for hijacking. To get back on topic, OP: what color did you get? My first one was the super duper extra magic sparkly purple one.

minxe
March 31st, 2013, 11:38 AM
My apologies also for hijacking. To get back on topic, OP: what color did you get? My first one was the super duper extra magic sparkly purple one.It's okay! :) Sally's only had black in stock, so I got that. I wouldn't mind having the pink one, though.

truepeacenik
March 31st, 2013, 12:04 PM

You DID make another cat!

ravenreed
March 31st, 2013, 12:28 PM
I have one where the back fell off one too many times and it won't quite stay on. I use it on my old lady kitty who has been shedding buckets lately and she loves it.

ETA: When grooming kitties, I will often say, "Look, I could knit a new cat!"

redtuss
March 31st, 2013, 01:32 PM
I second this!
Friend of mine got a Tangle Teezer and said it was the bomb, I thought meh but still decided to try and got a nice orange one.

Daaaang, it's great! And the dogs love it as well!

chen bao jun
March 31st, 2013, 01:54 PM
Ripped out too much hair for me. I'm a 3c curly. I found the Denman worked much better for me (and I usually finger comb). However, I gave my tangle teaser to some 1b who loved it so much that I had to give them another one. Different strokes for different folks!

BrightEyes
March 31st, 2013, 02:35 PM
My 6-year-old DD won't let me touch her hair with anything but her bright pink tangle teaser. I use it sometimes too, although I prefer my wide-toothed comb.

Bambi
April 1st, 2013, 04:10 AM
I'm a convert too, it's simply amazing for my fine, wavy and tangle-prone hair! I've have a travel-sized one on it's way..eheheheeee;).

piffyanne
April 1st, 2013, 04:20 AM
Careful when your TT is on the desk, mine likes to moonlight as a computer mouse. :eyeroll:

kidari
April 1st, 2013, 04:32 AM
I'm also one of the very few who didn't like it. I hate how it doesn't have a handle and it takes forever to brush our my hair as it doesn't penetrate all the way through. I also don't like pure boar bristle brushes for the same reason.

ghost
April 1st, 2013, 01:55 PM
Now I'm really anxious for my TT to get here! I can't wait to try it.
And I'm already thinking of getting another one to keep at work...

cathair
April 1st, 2013, 04:40 PM

:agape: wow... maybe I will have to try this on my cat. He's very prone to hairballs... looks like that gets serious amounts of loose fur out!

missketi
April 2nd, 2013, 05:43 AM
My tangle teezer arrived today from the UK. It's amazing on my fine hair prone to tangles. Not a single hair snapping sound. :cheese: