PDA

View Full Version : BSL by 2014/christmas 2013

DancingQueen
March 30th, 2013, 01:39 AM
I searched the forums, but I couldn't for the life of me find a BSL by 2014/christmas 2013. If I missed it, please redirect me to one. And we have one for both waist and hip - that's not fair. :P

So, if you are with me, please write how long your hair is now, and how many inches BSL is on you. Just to see how much is possible. :)

My measurements will come later, as I have to go to work now, but please tell me I am not alone in the quest. :)

EDIT: My hair now is roughly 23 inches, while solid BSL is around 27 inches, so 4 inches to go! I really hope I will make it, and won't need any huge trims this year.

Jesabel
March 30th, 2013, 09:04 AM
This is me! I'm just shy of APL at the moment and would love BSL by the end of this year :) Trimming will be very minimal if at all since I did a big chop at the end of last year from waist to collarbone to get rid of old dye and heat damage. I'll edit in measurements soon because I'm not quite sure as it's hard to measure by myself!

Edit: These are rough measurements but I'm at about 21 inches now, with BSL being about 26 so I have 5 inches to a solid BSL. Don't hold me to those exact measurements but that's roughly what I'm dealing with. Might be a long shot for 9 months for me since I get 0.5 inches a month on average so we'll see! Though I am starting on a range of supplements as of tomorrow which includes MSM to see if it improves a health condition so maybe it will speed up my hair growth too :)

DancingQueen
March 30th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Yay, nict to hear I'm not alone. You should be able to grow 5 inches in a year, it's worth a shot anyway. Who knows, maybe you will get a growth spurt this summer. :)

MissAlida
March 30th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I've joined so many threads like this before, and never made it, mostly due to shedding, not liking my ends and trimming too much. But the shed has stopped, and I have thickened up my hemline, so I'm in this time, and I am determined to get there, maybe even pass BSL by Christmas. I don't have any measurements, but I am halfway between APL and BSL, I have maybe 3 inches till BSL.:D

cooklaezo13
March 30th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I'm at APL. I don't measure my hair, but I estimate I have about 4 or 5 inches left until BSL just by eyeballing it. I have a short torso. My ends are in good condition, thick and blunt. I just had half an inch trimmed off. BSL here I come!!! I'm really excited to reach BSL this year, because it is the length where my hair starts to really feel long to me.

DancingQueen
March 30th, 2013, 01:32 PM
You will probably be way past BSL by christmas, I am a little jealous. :) But I know what you mean, I had this goal the last 3 years - this is the year we make it, lol.

Jesabel
May 5th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Okay guys I'm bumping this! Report: I'm just passed APL at roughly 22.5" (according to my younger brothers measurements haha) and on my way to a solid (hopefully) BSL by the end of this year! How's everyone else going?

IndigoOptimist
May 5th, 2013, 11:13 AM
I'm almost at BSL now!! However that's top of my bra strap and I consider BSL to be when it's at the bottom of the bra strap ;)
My hair is also very thin, especially at the ends because I have layers, but I think I should be able to make solid BSL by Christmas this year xD

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/rose_art/14April13_zps0d59cad3.jpg

Jesabel
December 15th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Massive bump! totally forgot about this thread! How is everyone doing? I'm happy to report I am BSL! :D I measure in at 26.3 inches, a little past BSL if I pull it straight. I'll have to upload a pic, can't take a very good one by myself thou gh haha

Dowzey
December 15th, 2013, 06:35 AM
I made BSL, even in a braid. It is about 27 inches now.

jacqueline101
December 15th, 2013, 07:05 AM
I'm about 1/2 to 1 inch away. I probably won't make it by Christmas but I want to try. I have my latest photos in my photo bucket album.

cooklaezo13
December 15th, 2013, 02:22 PM
My goal was to be BSL by Christmas 2013, and I'm already there :)