PDA

View Full Version : Grizzled ends

Herb
March 29th, 2013, 10:57 AM
My hair is knee-length now, which is nice, but I've recently been having a super annoying problem.

I braid my hair for bedtime and oil the bottom third of my length, which keeps it mostly nice. However, no matter where I lay my hair before I go to sleep, the braid always ends up between me and the bed, and my ends get slept on/rolled on, and when I wake up they're all kinked and grizzled. Probably the main cause of splits for me. Not nice. ):

What can I do about it? With bunning, the same thing pretty much happens, and that is a little uncomfortable for me to sleep on.

I would love to hear your suggestions!

winship2
March 29th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure these are great suggestions, but they'e a start:

--Use a paranda to keep the ends more wrapped up
--Tie a little silk bag or something over the ends-- maybe just a wrapped handkerchief?
--Coil the last 4 inches of your braid back up a few times, like a young fiddlehead fern, and hold it with a few hair-safe elastics.

LadyCelestina
March 29th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Wrap them in a stocking?

battles
March 29th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Would something like this be an option?

http://prettyanntoinets.com/category_31/Long-Sleep-Caps-.htm

Vrindi
March 29th, 2013, 11:16 AM
My hair is only hip length and I have the same problem. These sound like good solutions. I slept in my paranda the other night and didn't have crazy ends, so that helps. Let us know what works!

boudica
March 29th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Try bunning on the top of your head. You don't wind up lying on your hair. Especially nice with a satin pillow.

lapushka
March 29th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Pull it all up above your head and pool it between your head and the headboard. It should stay there the whole night. No rolling on it or nothin'.

Iolanthe13
March 29th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I imagine you could wrap a long silk scarf around the ends and secure it by weaving it up through the braid and tying a few knots in it, perhaps? Otherwise, I agree that a well-secured bun high on the head works pretty well. I like to turn my head upside-down, braid it tightly, and then stand up to bun the braid. I pin it with two large, smooth bobby pins. It's very comfortable and secure, and if your hair reacts well to braid waves, you have a build in style the next day!

jacqueline101
March 29th, 2013, 03:42 PM
If put your hair inside a silk scarf. I'm bra strap length and I get crinkled up ends.