PDA

View Full Version : I need a product recommendation for CO wash. Ideas, pelase?

Nedertane
March 28th, 2013, 05:46 PM
For about 3 or 4 months now, I've been CO-washing with Wen (shush about the price, you, it was a Christmas present! :p). I know some of you out there don't exactly care for the product, but I honestly really like how my hair has felt since I've been using it! To say the least, I don't even have to put on any oil for detangling after my shower in the morning (and okay, I do still use some anyway on most mornings, but just as a further precaution :o).

However, I'm getting to the very end of my bottle, and I'm not sure what do to as far as a replacement. I could just get another two-pack, but that would be expensive, so I thought I'd ask here for any recommendations, so I can continue CO-washing.

Preferably, I'd like recommendations for conditioners that work best on fine straight hair (that's either thick or thin, I guess, since I have a pretty average thickness). I'm more than willing to hear any suggested products that have cones, and I might actually prefer that since Wen has cones, and my straight hair prefers them. I know some people have mentioned Hair One as a knockoff, and it does seem pretty close from what I could tell, but it wasn't amazingly cheap, either.

So what can you tell me? I'm all ears. :D

sylvanasylvana
March 29th, 2013, 05:39 AM
I CO too, i use coconut oil as a pre wash on my ends. Then i use dove conditioneer and after that Matrix Biolage Hydrathérapie Conditioning Balm. I have fine hair and my hair has become more straighter because of the henna, maby your hair likes it too.

Nedertane
March 29th, 2013, 07:50 AM
I CO too, i use coconut oil as a pre wash on my ends. Then i use dove conditioneer and after that Matrix Biolage Hydrathérapie Conditioning Balm. I have fine hair and my hair has become more straighter because of the henna, maby your hair likes it too.

Ohhh yeah, I remember using Matrix Biolage a few years ago for a regular conditioner and really liking it. I'll take a look, thank you.

Kaelee
March 31st, 2013, 09:50 PM
I am currently really liking Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner for CO. I've only been using it a little over a week but I'm very happy with it so far. My hair is stronger, soft, full and shiny enough to land aircraft. ;D

It's about $4 a bottle, so I think it's a good buy even though I use a lot of it.

It doesn't have cones though (I've been cone free for a while) so you might not prefer it.

earthnut
April 1st, 2013, 12:08 AM
I'd try Suave Naturals Coconut if I were you. It's cheap as dirt, has protein which many fine haired people like, and is very popular with COer's. :)

GrowingGlory
April 1st, 2013, 02:37 AM
Have you tried Renpure Cleansing Conditioner? It costs about $5 in my local supermarket.

marykatz
April 1st, 2013, 06:26 AM
White Rain has a line I think it is called Hydroplex?? It is very thin, which is perfect for CO washing and contains cones. It is also very cheap, less than a $1. When I first used it, I loved it but after a while my hair looked greasy. Unfortunately, that is the way my hair always reacts to cones, even Wen.

Nedertane
April 1st, 2013, 07:16 AM
I am currently really liking Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner for CO. I've only been using it a little over a week but I'm very happy with it so far. My hair is stronger, soft, full and shiny enough to land aircraft. ;D

It's about $4 a bottle, so I think it's a good buy even though I use a lot of it.

It doesn't have cones though (I've been cone free for a while) so you might not prefer it.

Cones or no, I don't have a Trader Joe's near me, so I don't know if'd be able to get a hold of it anywhere but the internet (and I'd rather not pay shipping for a bottle of conditioner lol).

I'd try Suave Naturals Coconut if I were you. It's cheap as dirt, has protein which many fine haired people like, and is very popular with COer's.

I might try that. I haven't used Suave in years. Are you able to tell me how protein-y it is? My "regimen" is actually no/low protein, and my hair does fine. But if it isn't an overload, it might be fine.

Have you tried Renpure Cleansing Conditioner? It costs about $5 in my local supermarket.

Never heard of that brand, actually. I'll try to look out for it!

White Rain has a line I think it is called Hydroplex?? It is very thin, which is perfect for CO washing and contains cones. It is also very cheap, less than a $1. When I first used it, I loved it but after a while my hair looked greasy. Unfortunately, that is the way my hair always reacts to cones, even Wen.

Less than $1? Wow. Yeah, I know I need to clarify every now and again if I use something coney (even Wen) to clear up any buildup keep my hair from looking too greasy. Lol, White Rain is another brand that I know I haven't used in YEARS. :p

Thanks, all!