PDA

View Full Version : Is this material damaging? (pictures included)

pdy2kn6
August 27th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I have started wearing my hair in a bunned sort of way to keep it out of my face, and to stop it getting tangled on a day to day basis. I baught a few of these headbands when I was in the Far East travelling around. These headbands are often worn in this way in the Far East. I just really hope the fabric are not damaging on my hair? What do you guys think? Thanks
(PS sorry in advance if the pictures are big, I haven't quite figured out how to edit the photos yet...but don't worry, I will) lol
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/aug26th.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/katieswedding227.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/katieswedding176.jpg

(If you are using Windows, you can resize your photos with Paint. It comes with Windows. ~ harpgal)

Arctic
August 27th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I think it looks gentle, and this style suits you :flower:

lora410
August 27th, 2008, 12:28 PM
looks nice and soft to me. I dont see how that could do damage :)

spidermom
August 27th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I don't see a problem with it either. Do you have a photo workshop in your computer? Mine is called HP Image Zone. If you have that, I can tell you how to resize your photos.

truepeacenik
August 27th, 2008, 12:40 PM
basic deciding question on any item in your hair:
does it come out without bringing hair with it?

plainjanegirl
August 27th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Looks safe to me. The bun does suit you I agree.

PseudoScot
August 27th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Looks good and safe. The main dangers are the metal bits in elastics, those you need to avoid.

Also, with hair, there is a tendency to worry 'too' much about damaging it.

Take good care of it, as you are, but don't let it rule you. Use hair friendly items, comb gently, and keep it up when you can.

You have picked up some good habits already! :) You'll do fine, I am sure!

Nice color, by the way.

pdy2kn6
August 27th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Thanks very much everybody for your replies. I really appreciate it. The reason I was worrying is because I heard that the texture of some cloth can cause friction on your hair, but I suppose you cannot worry too much really can you? I am glad you all have approved this type of material because now I can just keep it up all day, and not have to worry about damage or tangles. It does feel very soft and is very stretchy, with a texture similar to soft towels. I will keep you all updated on my growth and will every now and again let it down and take pictures, and hopefully see amazing growth results. Everyone in China and Japan seemed to be wearing their long locks hidden away in these simple styles. I really like how wearing you'r hair up hides it from all you'r friends and family, and only you know how long your locks really are, then every now and again on special occasions you can surprise everyone and let it swing down your back. Once again, many thanks.
God bless

pdy2kn6
August 27th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I don't see a problem with it either. Do you have a photo workshop in your computer? Mine is called HP Image Zone. If you have that, I can tell you how to resize your photos.

Thanks for another reply. Unfortunately I don't have that procedure thing on this computer, it is a new laptop. I have found the 'edit-resize image' button on photobucket luckily, so now they won't be as page-filling as the images have been previously haha. The images have appeared to have decreased themselves in the past few hours since I posted it haha, strange. But I am very thankful for your replies.

pdy2kn6
August 27th, 2008, 03:16 PM
basic deciding question on any item in your hair:
does it come out without bringing hair with it?

hey, no I don't find that hair comes out when I take it out, and it does slide out very easily. It was the texture of the fabric causing friction on my hair which was worrying me, but I think I need to stop worrying and just wear them haha.
Best wishes

FrannyG
August 27th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I have bands like that and they are very gentle. It has the added advantage of looking simply adorable in you hair. :blossom: