PDA

View Full Version : Help for a no 'poo beginner?

BigDreams
March 28th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Day 3 of no 'poo and so far so good! I figured my hair would get quite greasy at first but it hasn't at all.
I have a major issue with dandruff and a crazy itchy scalp. Is there something I could put in with the BS or ACV that may help?
Any favourite oils to add to the ACV for a nice scent?

Naiadryade
March 28th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Leaving the ACV on your scalp for longer might help with your dandruff and itchiness. Sometimes I infuse ACV with herbs for my scalp and hair. Herbs that are good for dandruff include nettle, rosemary, yarrow, burdock, thyme and red clover. I'm sure there are others.

Good luck!

BigDreams
March 28th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Thank you, I'll pick up some herbs today and give it a shot! Is it ok to leave a bit of the mixture (herbs, ACV and water) on my scalp, or is it best to make sure it's all rinsed out? I'm not sure if leaving the vinegar in could do any damage?

Naiadryade
March 28th, 2013, 01:09 PM
As long as it's properly diluted in water, it shouldn't do any damage. You may just find it a bit drying. The smell may also linger, if you mind that.

You don't really need to do it for the dandruff, though. ACV works against dandruff by killing fungus that causes it. Regular treatments that are just allowed to sit for a little while before being rinsed out should do the trick.