PDA

View Full Version : Salon in Portland?

Die
March 26th, 2013, 06:19 PM
I'm moving from Virginia to Portland Oregon soon. I *just* found a stylist that I liked. She is knowledgable and she respects me with regaurds to my hair. No pushing me to putting in layers. No cutting more than I ask for. No pushing me into getting more and more cuts.

I've been searching for a stylist in Portland but most places that list salons seem to leave the whole state of Oregon off of the list. I can't find it in the forum, either. Anybody know anyone who is good?

winship2
March 26th, 2013, 07:34 PM
I see Alex (female) at Arabella in NE Portland. She's not super knowledgeable about long hair, though her hair is about BSL, but she's very gentle and respectful. She welcomes me coming in with my own washed hair, is fine not blow-drying, doesn't push me to trim, and is a good communicator. Just go in clear about what you want and let her know. The whole salon is really nice and mellow, and the massage therapist there is AWESOME.

ibleedlipstick
March 26th, 2013, 08:32 PM
I have a great stylist in Corvallis (Nicole at Epic Day Spa) who is very good to me and my hair, but it is about and hour and a half from Portland. It is really, really hard to find a good salon in Oregon. Good luck!

imaroo
March 27th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I've actually had really good luck with a lady (I think her name is Julie???) at a Perfect Look on Cornelius Pass in Hillsboro. She's always done exactly what I asked her to, doesn't try to wash or blow dry my hair, and puts no products in it. In fact, the last time I went in she told me that I needed less cut off than I had originally asked for.

I've never had her cut a new style, though, so I can't say how well she does with that. Just trims.

winship2
March 27th, 2013, 01:05 PM
I've actually had really good luck with a lady (I think her name is Julie???) at a Perfect Look on Cornelius Pass in Hillsboro. She's always done exactly what I asked her to, doesn't try to wash or blow dry my hair, and puts no products in it. In fact, the last time I went in she told me that I needed less cut off than I had originally asked for.

I've never had her cut a new style, though, so I can't say how well she does with that. Just trims.

That's amazing! And probably within 20 minutes of my workplace.... hmm.....

imaroo
March 27th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I may be dead wrong on her name. She's a 20-something (I think) cute asian girl.

patienceneeded
March 27th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Sarah Prentice at Nurture Hair Salon in SE Portland. Nurture Hair Salon is also referred to as pdxhairartistry. Nuture is an environmentally friendly salon that uses sulfate free and natural products. I think most stuff is no-cone too. Their hair color is no ammonia or peroxide or harsh chemicals. It's a pretty small place, but I like it for that reason. Everyone who works there is great, but I go to Sarah. She's amazing! She listens and cares about her clients wishes in regards to their hair. I have already booked an appointment with her at the end of May, you can even book online!