PDA

View Full Version : A little mad at my hair..

Curlsgirl
August 27th, 2008, 11:16 AM
It's not REALLY my hair's fault but I just feel really discouraged about it. I got a trim the other day which it needed and while it was blown straight it didn't seem too much shorter but I left it curly this time and it's above BSL again by about an inch when curly! It is curling much better but still I am just feeling down about it. I guess I need to put it up but then I started to do my old standby Figure 8 this morning and it wasn't long enough WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, just wanted to whine. It's raining and that makes my hair curl even more. Sometimes I just wish I had stick straight silk-like hair. Like today. :(

OR Cowgirl
August 27th, 2008, 11:45 AM
:grouphug: Somedays I totally agree with you about wanting stick straight hair! Try to focus on how great your curls look! You have gorgeous hair!

Mariah

lora410
August 27th, 2008, 12:02 PM
While I am not a curly, but a wavy one, I can sympathize. Some days my waves pull my hair much shorter then the actual length.

burns_erin
August 27th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I have straight hair, which from my perspective, no one in their right minds would actually aspire to have. On the other hand I can understand the envying what you do not have. Personally I think your hair when curly is especially lovely.

spidermom
August 27th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I notice in recent weeks that I've lost most of my curl, and even though it's longer than it's ever been, which is a good thing, I miss the curl. I totally understand where you're coming from, but all I can say is enjoy that sensational curl and backtrack to a former updo that worked better when your hair was shorter.

Curlsgirl
August 27th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks everybody :flowers:

I put it in a braid, guess I'll wear that for a while again. At least it made me know I want to grow longer. I had thought I might want to go back to BSL and stay there and now I am SURE I don't at least right now! :mad:

brok3nwings
September 2nd, 2008, 08:14 AM
Curlsgirl i understand but as everyone said, you have beautiful curls!! I am a wavy one but i honestly LOVE curls...i always stare at curly hair. Enjoy the fact that your ends are great and that your hair is beautiful, healthy and IS growing

amaiaisabella
September 2nd, 2008, 08:35 AM
Trust me, I understand your frustration! I am quite a bit shorter than you, but I just did a tiny trim and I feel like my hair is so much shorter! Realistically, I guess I got used to my hair falling a certain way, and with the trim, it disrupted the wave pattern, or something.

Hey, at least you were able to take something away from this- you definitely want to be longer! :)

Darkhorse1
September 2nd, 2008, 08:50 AM
((HUGS))) Just to make you feel better, I don't have spiral curly hair like you, but it spirals in sections, waves in others, and is dead straight right in the back. One day I'll get a photo of it after air drying.

I need someone to trim my ends because as soon as scissors cut into it, it flips/curls/twists. So, what I think is happening is just that--after a mini-trim, it really kicks up the natural wave/curl. I've noticed this many times with my own hair.

Don't get discouraged!! It's healthy to have splits/trims to keep hair even and reduce breakage.

If it makes you feel better, I don't even know HOW to do a figure 8! Hahahh (well, on horse back, yes, with my hair? Notsomuch. :D

Islandgrrl
September 2nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
:sigh: I understand your frustration, but as a pretty straight haired person, I would just love to have curls..not the weird disjointed wavies that I have, but real honest to goodness curls.

Your hair is gorgeous, whether curly or blown straight, and you'll have the length back in no time, I'm sure. In the meantime, a soft cinnamon bun would look very pretty :flower:

Lamb
September 2nd, 2008, 11:11 AM
Quality before quantity!! :agree: I'm sure your hair is beautiful. Put it in a loose updo, let a few curls hang loose, and show it off!

fireflycatching
September 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
Well this is a little random but I just wanted to say that when I joined the forum and first saw pictures of your hair, I totally gasped. I think your hair is absolutely beautiful :]

Cinnamon.locks
September 3rd, 2008, 01:17 AM
I envy your curls, I understand how you feel, a tiny trim can make a big difference in any hairstyle, specially the bunned ones like figure 8 etc. i have basically straight hair ( 1B ) although there are days when i do get a nice wave in there, but i have always wanted curly hair like yours, my niece the same, she had cornscrew ( sp?) curls, black and so shiny and silky and started to cumb her hair with a tiny, close teeth comb and her curls disappeared, she has always wanted straight hair like mine. go figure, i guess we all at one time or another want and envy what we don't have.

Your hair is lovely, straight or curly, so i suggest just bun it anyway you can and i bet by Xmas you will be able to go back to your usual styles.

theanti
September 12th, 2008, 11:32 AM
ahh, don't forget- the grass is always greener!! Us curly haired ladies would sometimes LOVE to have silky straight MANAGEABLE hair, and vice versa!! :-P I grew up with STICK straight hair that wouldnt even hold a curl, and somewhere around puberty it turned into a curl-storm :) Not complaining tho- I LOVE my hair! LOL

Little_Bird
September 12th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Yes, I understand you perfectly. When I trimed my hair at a salon (only happened twice) my hair would have much better looking ends but I wouldn't notice the diference, because I would come out with straight hair. When I washed it again it would look so short!

Just stick to the fact that it will grow back and past where it was! Really, trims have this big bad side but I'm sure your ends must feel better. So just be happy about it and enjoy the journey. I am telling you exactly what I think I should hear right now :flower:

Don't be sad... You have lovely hair! :)

girlcat36
September 12th, 2008, 02:01 PM
:DCurlsgirl, your hair is thick, beautiful and healthy! I would give anything for that thicknes! Be happy!:D

Curlsgirl
September 12th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Awwwwww thanks everyone!!!! :flower: