PDA

View Full Version : 14 days of biotin + brewer's yeast (photos)

Magalo
March 25th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Hi everybody!

It is me or... it is a LOT of roots for two weeks? Am I crazy? :p Does it look like normal growth to you?

Photos taken at the same hour, left one on the 11th and the right one today, on the 25th.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa400/magalolematelot/essai_zps75edeb8f.png

leslissocool
March 25th, 2013, 04:11 PM
I think it's a lot of growth!

MissDixie
March 25th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Wow!!!!! It looks like a lot of roots to me!!! Is this your first time using biotin?! In the past I thought of trying it, but didn't think it'd work!! This is very motivating!

GrowingOut
March 25th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Definitely a lot of roots!

Keep measuring and tell us the results!

jacqueline101
March 25th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Looks like a lot of growth to me.

GrowingOut
March 25th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Whoops! Double!

Magalo
March 25th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Ha! Yeah for not being crazy. :D

Yes it's my first time taking Biotin! I already took brewers yeast (it contains biotin apparently) in the past and it made my hair grow noticeably faster, but I never kept up with it. This time I will!

Also, a week ago it kicked in... My nails are growing so fast!! And I have to shave my armpits everyday haha.

I'm hennaing at the end of the week, I'll take another progress pic then, then another one two weeks later to compare! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
March 25th, 2013, 06:33 PM
That looks like a lot of growth to me! How do you take brewer's yeast?

Bethmc
March 25th, 2013, 06:38 PM
How much biotin per day are you taking, if I may ask?

Addy
March 25th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Your growth is AMAZING for 2 weeks!

That looks like a lot of growth to me! How do you take brewer's yeast?

Please do share on this brewer's yeast! Thanks

Magalo
March 25th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I take brewer's yeast in caplets, 6-8 a day at meal time! I used to only take brewers yeast (no biotin), and so did my friend, and we both had visible results quite fast! All our body hair grew like crazy, lol. It does not seems to be a popular option for hair growth on this forum, but where I live it's quite popular. :)

I took 2500 mcg of Biotin on the first week (half in the morning, half in the evening) and now I'm alternating 2500 mcg/5000 mcg to test the water. I already have a very acne prone skin. So far I have a weird pimple on my nape and one on my butt (lol), and I have a bit more acne on my forehead behing my bang, but it may just be my skin acting weird as usual! If it gets worse I'll just stay at 2500. So far no sigb of cystic acne, and no pimples on my face/ chest.

Carriegirl
March 25th, 2013, 07:02 PM
That is awesome growth! I can't wait to see your next 2-week results!

Is there a particular brand of Biotin capsules you take?

Addy
March 25th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Thanks for that info Magalo! Happy growing!!!!

Mandie
March 25th, 2013, 07:41 PM
The difference I'm noticing is your part, in the first it isn't parted the same way as in the second. I noticed while dying I could hide my roots if instead of parting I brushed everything back like in the first photo. I wonder if that contributes to the incredible difference? I'm totally down for trying out some brewers yeast too after these photos, I just suggest for your next comparison photos try parting exactly the same way (down the middle like in the second is the best for showing the roots). It definitely does look like there was growth though!

Magalo
March 25th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Yes I had a updo in the first. :p and already some growth even if it's not super visible. I still got a good half inch! :)

Naiadryade
March 25th, 2013, 08:19 PM
That's a lot of growth! You've got my attention... I'm going to look into these things now.

march_sun
March 25th, 2013, 09:48 PM
wow! that would be two months of growth for me! Imight have to try biotin now :D

Loreley
March 26th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Looks like a lot of growth! :D
I tried taking a B vitamin mix a year ago which contained more biotin than my usual hair vitamins. I was taking it for 3 weeks and my hair grew an inch. It was insane compared to the 0.4-0.5" I usually get in a whole month. I have acne prone skin, too, and it broke me out like crazy, especially on my face. I stopped then but a couple of months later tried again and after only 3 or 4 days the acne came back. :( So I won't experiment with it anymore, although the growth was really impressive.

RavenBaby
March 26th, 2013, 03:59 AM
For me that is a a lot of roots for two weeks. woop hair growth :D

I'd take some but I don't want body hair to growth faster or anything that possibly causes acne D:

woolyleprechaun
March 26th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Thats stunning growth! I want to try brewer's yeast now :) I tried biotin but it made my skin horrible, and I tried Sulphur but it made me so terribly hungry all the time *sigh*

MegaMystery
March 26th, 2013, 04:35 AM
I'm taking hair&nail capsules, which also contain brewer's yeast and biotin. It's not a super-high dose (biotin i think is 300% RDA, whereas 1000 mcg is 2000% RDA) and brewer's yeast doesn't have a RDA listed on the bottle, and I don't remember the exact amounts. I don't notice that much hair growth, but after a couple of weeks I do notice my nails growing faster and getting stronger. I figure what's good for my nails is good for my hair too :)

melusine963
March 26th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Goodness, I can't wait to see the next pair of progress photos. It would take my hair over a month to grow that much.

HairFaerie
March 26th, 2013, 10:21 AM
It does look like new growth, but also to me it looks like the red is fading from your roots more quickly than the rest of your hair creating an illusion of crazy growth. However, that much growth in a short amount of time is not unheard of. The only way to know for sure I guess would be measuring.

Naiadryade
March 26th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Yes, have you measured your total length? It does look like a lot of roots, but then again, your bangs don't look that much longer in the second pic than in the first one. Which could be a trick of scale or how they are laying, or maybe you trim those more regularly... but yes, do you have numbers?

Magalo
March 26th, 2013, 10:43 AM
The red is not fading. It's henna. :)

And my bang is not longer because I cut it like 3 times a week! I did not measure total length though. It's way too inaccurate. I might do it next time if you want.

Ravenwind
March 26th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Definitely lots of growth for just 2 weeks. Biotin does wonders for me as well. I swear by that stuff :)

Agnieszka
March 26th, 2013, 01:57 PM
I'm going to buy these suplements. Thank you for sharing! Amazing!

TruePenny
March 26th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Oww I'm really jealous of that! I've just started taking 5000mcg of biotin daily and am about 2 weeks in too and I haven't managed half the growth you have! :( What a shame. Perhaps I'll finish the course and try brewers yeast. Thanks for the tip and congratulations!

ghost
March 26th, 2013, 02:52 PM
That's quite a bit of growth! Even if the red were fading, it wouldn't fade back to the color of your roots, so you would still be able to tell how much was your actual new growth.
You're lucky, I take biotin but it doesn't affect my growth that much. I've heard of brewer's yeast but never tried it.

elea
March 26th, 2013, 03:54 PM
that would be a standard 1month growth as far as I know so... FAST! *:OD

door72067
March 26th, 2013, 05:12 PM
you inspired me to start up my Biotin again this morning...I had slacked off