PDA

View Full Version : Color Oops- hair CURLIER after!

heyshortyhey
March 24th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I just used Color Oops on my head yesterday, and another box today. I had some seriously dark color (stupid me kept putting color on color. I know color can't LIGHTEN color, but I was trying to put a brown on top of a burgandy and yeah.) that I could not get rid of, and while in Rite Aid the other day I saw ONE box and thought "...why not?" I used Color Oops a couple years back--4 or 5?--and had pretty good results, so I got the box and tried it. I have long thick hair so I knew one box wouldn't cut it, but I did my best. I actually got to all of my hair, but the ends didn't soak up as much color I guess, or maybe it had just sat too long, since it took FOREVER doing it alone.

Anyway, my question is this: does it also clarify? Because every time I've used it (today, last night, and a few years ago) my hair doesn't seem damaged--in fact, I get the beautiful ringlet curls I haven't seen in years. I do have hard water and I know it deposits a lot of crap into my hair, but I always use an ACV rinse...it leaves my hair frizzy and I don't like it. Any suggestions to get the beautiful curls I get after Color Oops?

Ingredients:

Bottle 1:
Deionized water, sodium hydrosulfite, fragrance, polysorbate-80, hydroxyethycellulose, cocamidopropoly hydroxysultaine

Bottle 2:
deionized water, citric acid, cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, Xanthum Gum

Could the Citric Acid part play a big role in it?

RavenBaby
March 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
That is interesting, I used a similar product "scott cornwall's colour Be4" twice on my hair and it didn't seem to do too much damage, the damage was worth stripping my black.

heidi w.
March 24th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Any coloring of the hair does not clarify the hair whatsoever.
heidi w.

heyshortyhey
March 24th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Any coloring of the hair does not clarify the hair whatsoever.
heidi w.

Color Oops is not a hair color. It is an alternative to bleach that contains no bleach or amonia.