PDA

View Full Version : Commercial styling products with Natural shampoo

pheonixphire
March 24th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I use and LOVE Natures Gate henna shampoo and want to use comercial styling products. So I can put my hair up in foam rollers at night to give my hair some shape and not just a poof frizz look. I'm afraid the non SLS and weaker cleansers won't cut it for getting the product out. Any gentle cleansing suggestions?:confused:

Kaelee
March 24th, 2013, 05:14 PM
I'd give it a try! You may have to shampoo twice, or lather it more but I think it will work. You can get yourself a clarifying shampoo to use once a week or so if you need to (I love V05 Kiwi Lime...it works great and costs a whopping 85 cents a bottle!) I think Nature's Gate probably makes a clarifying one as well if you still want to avoid SLS.

A lot of natural ingredients are actually quite strong cleansers...people underestimate them but some (like citrus and tea tree) are quite strong.

Naiadryade
March 24th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Baking soda clarifies. If you dilute it well with water, it's not super harsh. It can be harsh if you don't dilute it well. And it can definitely be drying, but if you use it just occasionally it's okay. Worth a try!

pheonixphire
March 25th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Wow! Thanks guys. I'll look at more Natures Gate stuff. Or maybe add tto or some baking soda to a seperate bottle of my favorite stuff.