PDA

View Full Version : When a new style just, works!!

Bagginslover
March 24th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I just wanted to share my, well, self-satisfaction I suppose, at trying out a new style and having it work, 2 days in a row!!
I've found I often can do something once, but then need another inch before I can do it again without it falling apart. Yesterday though, I tried out the French Pinless style, and it just worked! I wore it all day long, and it didn't budge, the braid didn't fall apart (very rare occurrence with my layers!) it was like a rock, yet loose and comfortable.

I couldn't fully wrap the raid tail around the base of the braid though, so I decided to try it with a Dutch braid instead today, as I get a longer braid with a Dutch than a French. Guess what, IT WORKS!! If anything, its even more comfortable today-always find Dutch braids more comfortable than French for some reason), and is also more secure as the tail wraps properly!

Feeling rather proud of my hair (and my styling skills) right now :)

anyone else have days like this?

spidermom
March 24th, 2013, 10:21 AM
I find that dutch braids stay in place better. My french braids tend to slide down, such that at first my braid will start at the very back-top of my head, and 4 hours later the start has slipped down to the mid-back of my head, with subsequent pulling of single hairs. Dutch braids don't do that.

I do love the days when my style works and stays comfortable. I don't know if I'm having one yet.

jacqueline101
March 24th, 2013, 11:30 AM
I find buns easy and claw clip twist.