PDA

View Full Version : Product Free since Xmas-Update

falene
March 23rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Hello LCHers! its been 3 months now that Ive been hair product free and this morning my partner and house mates all commented that my hair is definitely LONGER and shinier. Seems the extra vitamin D and using over BS washes and ACV rinses are working!. While still baby fine and thin my hair also seems to be stronger, finding less and less shedding my my comb. I may just hit by goal of BS length by my 50 th bday at this rate!! YAYY me. just wanted to share and wish all happy GROWING!

RavenBaby
March 23rd, 2013, 03:57 PM
That's fantastic and inspiring, congrats! :D

~honeyflower~
March 23rd, 2013, 04:25 PM
:cheer: good for you! You've inspired me at least, I want to go product-free someday,maybe soon.

jacqueline101
March 23rd, 2013, 04:34 PM
That's great. I'm cutting back on how often I wash my hair.

Naiadryade
March 23rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Congratulations! :cheer: That is so awesome!

I'm also all-natural in my haircare, though I use some (all-natural) products because my hair is really demanding about being babied and pampered , and the products help my routine stay a little bit simpler since I don't have to make them myself! I'm a little jealous that your hair is doing so well on such a simple routine (that would leave my hair dry, tangly and full of splits for sure).

akilina
March 23rd, 2013, 10:21 PM
That is a really cool thing!!

It really makes me think of a time when these chemical laden products did not exist. Im almost positive that the general population probably had very nice healthy hair. Many were probably W/O or used very natural hair care because its all they had.
I really don't know this for certain but it really makes a ton of sense in my mind.

GrowingOut
March 24th, 2013, 05:27 AM
:D Congratulations! We're all "Rooting" for you here! ((Yes, I made a cruddy hair pun.))

And @akilina, Most women from certain cultures did have longer hair, depending on style and such! ((I've seen pictures of Victorian Ladies with hair past floor!))

SleepyTangles
March 24th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Congratulations :toast:!

teal
March 24th, 2013, 08:59 AM
That's wonderful! :) Happy growing!

I too wondered how everyone's hair looked before the advent of the modern profusion of products...

spidermom
March 24th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Why do people think baking soda is natural? It's a man-made product, like most shampoo ingredients.

It's wonderful when you find a routine/product that works well for you. Enjoy!