PDA

View Full Version : Photoshopped hair

FireFromWithin
March 23rd, 2013, 02:18 PM
I've been debating henna so I thought I'd photoshop myself to see if the colour would suit me. Then I went a little crazy. And these pictures have my face in them so I'm slightly hesitant about putting them up but they don't look much like me anyway and I thought it would be fun.
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/FireFromWithin/photoshopped%20hair%20colour/medarkhairwatermark_zps1c202090.jpghttp://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/FireFromWithin/photoshopped%20hair%20colour/mestrawberryblondewatermark_zps396e989a.jpghttp://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/FireFromWithin/photoshopped%20hair%20colour/melightgingerhairwatermark_zpsf2b37813.jpg
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/FireFromWithin/photoshopped%20hair%20colour/meyellowerhairwatermark_zps5fbaab84.jpghttp://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/FireFromWithin/photoshopped%20hair%20colour/mewhitehairwatermark_zps9756be77.jpg

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/FireFromWithin/photoshopped%20hair%20colour/megreenhairwatermark_zps6c4cc8b7.jpghttp://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/FireFromWithin/photoshopped%20hair%20colour/mepurplehairwatermark_zpsebfc3c7f.jpg
Which one do you like the most. I've not put the original up but my hair is pale ashy blonde with no undertones at all normally. Should I henna to ginger/ red or does it look silly?

Do you have any pictures you photoshopped to see what they would look like, post them here?

EDIT: I have pretty much decided against henna (at least the photoshopping showed me that it would not suit me)

spidermom
March 23rd, 2013, 02:26 PM
I like the last picture the most. Try a temporary red before you decide about henna, please; it's so hard to get rid of when you don't like it or need a change. A henna gloss is another option; not as permanent. Henna was such a horrible garish orange-red on me (in the sunshine), and my hair is not as light as yours.

WilfredAllen
March 23rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
I love the green!!!!!!! Seriously, it looks amazing on you. I'm not a big fan of dyed/hennaed hair for two reasons. First is because of the upkeep, and because it's a fairly permanent choice. Pretty self explanatory. Second is because I love the look of virgin hair... I love natural highlights and how unique most natural colours are. From your avatar, I think you have an absolutely gorgeous colour of hair. I also think most people look best in their natural colour. I always feel a little sad to see people colouring over their natural colour. ANYWAYS... those things aside I prefer the lighter ginger on you to the darker. Plus doing it lighter first would be easier than trying to lighten dark henna.

FireFromWithin
March 23rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
I figure the white will be what I look like when I'm old. I'm not to the stage of actually hennaing yet, just thinking about it really. Even a temporary colour wont be temporary on my hair. (I had a pink tint for months from trying to dye it auburn). I'll probably leave it but thought I'd put the pics here because of the crazy colours. I've got 3 days of photoshop trial left so I thought I'd play a little.

KittyBird
March 23rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Violet! I love how that colour looks on you! That, or the green. Henna could work, but since it's as good as impossible to get rid off, it would be wise to try a temporary red first. I'm very happy with my henna, but then again I don't really care if it suits me or not. I just want to be a redhead :cool:

longNred
March 23rd, 2013, 02:44 PM
I like the dark red the best. I second the idea of a temporary red before you jump into henna.

FireFromWithin
March 23rd, 2013, 02:53 PM
I might try a temporary colour but I'll probably just stay blonde. The photoshop was more a bit of fun than anything else. Thought I could start a thread and have others post bright or photoshopped pics too, this is about the limit of my skill though.

I'll probably reconsider henna in a year or so, it's more the upkeep than the colour that's the problem for me. And a gloss on my hair would go ginger (I did a couple of strand tests). Perhaps I shall just keep my blonde until I go white, it's a surprisingly good colour on me but not exactly achievable with dye.

Magalo
March 23rd, 2013, 04:04 PM
I'm good at photoshop, if someone wants me to photoshop their color/length, I can do it no problem! Send me pics, this could be fun!

PS: You are very pretty! and I love the auburn color on you, but I think blonde suits you best. :)

cathair
March 23rd, 2013, 04:09 PM
I think the green looks amazing, but I can't think of a particularly practical way to achieve it.

Indigostreams
March 23rd, 2013, 04:12 PM
You could definitely do the red, but I think you look angelic with the light blonde.

jel
March 23rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
I think the pale violet looks best with your skin and eyes (not so much with the lipstick!).

Henna upkeep on blonde hair is hard; just a few days after application, the roots will start showing, and light hair against henna can look like you've got grey roots, or even worse, going bald!

RavenBaby
March 23rd, 2013, 05:05 PM
I really dislike the too white one but the dark hair one is fabulous and the best, with the ginger being a close second.

I agree with not henna-ing until you tried semi perm red hair dye first.

heidi w.
March 23rd, 2013, 05:18 PM
I think the red highlight is the best, if you're going to color. If you go green, will you lose your job? In my business you would, unless I couldn't find anyone else to do the work. You have to think of this kind of stuff if you're going some way out there color. The pale white also looks good.
I know it's an unpopular vote, but that's what I think.Green is too much; over the top; too aggressive.
heidi w.

eros
March 23rd, 2013, 05:30 PM
the second and last one are gorgeous.

teal
March 23rd, 2013, 06:30 PM
I like the lavender colour on you the best. That said, the reds and the green do look good, but with such light hair to start, the root maintenance would be quite a bit of work. For me personally, that would be a dealbreaker. I'm happy that I can get away with root touchups every two months, well after they have grown in! :D

Naiadryade
March 23rd, 2013, 10:12 PM
For some reason, I can't see the pictures! :(

I'm good at photoshop, if someone wants me to photoshop their color/length, I can do it no problem! Send me pics, this could be fun!

PS: You are very pretty! and I love the auburn color on you, but I think blonde suits you best. :)

Ooh, I might bite on this! I'll see if I can get DBF to take a picture tomorrow to send you. Thanks for the generous offer!

Nedertane
March 24th, 2013, 12:15 AM
The lavender and the white/pale blonde were my favorites. They matched your overall coloring very well since they were cool and light. If you really wanted to go red, though, the second picture (the darker one) also looked good, probably because it was still in a cooler range. To be blunt, the lighter red one looked kinda fake and orangey, probably because it was too warm for your skin tone, IMO.

Good idea on starting a thread for photoshopped color! I've tried to do this in the past, but it's hard to get a decent enough picture of my natural color to experiment on. I may try again at a later point, though, or just take up Magalo's generous offer. :D

FireFromWithin
March 24th, 2013, 12:34 AM
I think I deleated the album in photo bucket so I'll have to put it back.

I would definitely not be able to work with green hair. It might be fun as a wig for a party though.

I did the colour with a soft light on a secondary layer, which is probably also why the lighter red looks so fake, it was tricky to get the colour right. But unfortunately that's the colour my hair would go with henna.

Merlin
March 24th, 2013, 03:22 AM

...and modest to boot!

There's a long established thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=549&highlight=photoshop+goal+length) on photoshopping hair for length. It seems to be slightly moribund at the moment - it needs reviving!

FireFromWithin
March 24th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Merlin I didn't search properly for a photoshopping thread. Oops. Does the other one do colour as well as length?

jacqueline101
March 24th, 2013, 08:33 AM
I love the last picture.

Tristania
March 24th, 2013, 08:55 AM
The white/silver looks amazing.

Merlin
March 25th, 2013, 02:02 AM
Merlin I didn't search properly for a photoshopping thread. Oops. Does the other one do colour as well as length?

Not really - generally it's been about giving people the length they want - colour isn't something it's ever featured so you're going into new territory with this...

MaryMarx
March 25th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Oh, I still can't see the pictures.. :(

FireFromWithin
March 25th, 2013, 04:48 AM
I redid the photos and links. They should be visible again.

Has anyone else got photos to add?

If you have photoshop there's a great tutorial on youtube for changing hair colour (because if I can understand it, it must be easy. I have almost no computer aptitude) Just search for "photoshop hair colour tutorial", I found it helped to search for the exact version of photoshop you have. I got the free trial of CS6 which runs out tomorrow so I was messing about with it. Updos and photos where your hair is fairly controlled seem to be a lot easier to edit than photos where your hair is down or in lots of separate strands. (of course expert photoshoppers can do pretty much anything by the looks of it)

MonaMayfair
March 25th, 2013, 06:49 AM
I also LOVE the lilac, I 'm always looking admiringly at Kelly Osborne's lilac hair. I think you definitely look best in the cooler shades. Please don't go for henna, it's the worst thing I ever did to my hair, I'll be stuck with it for years, unless I cut my hair short.

FireFromWithin
March 25th, 2013, 06:54 AM
I've pretty much decided against henna. I can't dye my hair lilac though because of uni placements (they would send me straight back home). I think maybe when I'm older and retired and my hair has gone white I might dye it bright colours just for fun. And to embarrass any grandchildren I have by then.

earthnut
March 25th, 2013, 07:11 AM
With your blue eyes, cool colors flatter you the most. Personally I don't think any of the red colors look as good as the 2 blondes. The violet looks nice on you too. :)

lapushka
March 25th, 2013, 07:52 AM
I like the 4th picture the best, the blonde one, not the palest blonde one, but the one up from that.