PDA

View Full Version : Broken hairs or new growth?

Apriori
March 22nd, 2013, 09:48 AM
I have lots of shorter hairs on both sides of my face. I've noticed them the last couple of months and I'm pretty sure they have grown longer in that period of time (at least I'm sure I didn't have these hairs a year ago). Sometimes a hair will get stuck on my classes an break off but I'm very carefull and I only break a hair like that about once a week.
What do you think? Is it new growth or broken hairs? How can I tell the difference?

Here's a picture:
http://imageshack.us/a/img19/2417/dscf2539q.jpg

I have just as many shorter hairs on the other side of my face.

Kayleigh
March 22nd, 2013, 09:55 AM
I have this too and I'm pretty sure it's new growth. If the ends are tapered it probably is new growth and not broken hairs. Have you experienced a lot of hair loss in the past?

cranberrymoonz
March 22nd, 2013, 10:03 AM
I those too, and I have the same question. I hope it's new growth, though;)

(Hey Kayleigh:o)

neko_kawaii
March 22nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
I have a small crop of broken hairs from my glasses. Mine are from where the rubbers on the ear pieces end rather than the hinges and are located right around my ears. I'd get more henge breaks if I wore my hair down.

To really tell the difference between a break and new growth, you'd probably need someone else to look closely for you. (It being hard to see things that close to your eyes.) Breaks will have blunt, white tipped or split ends while new growth will have tapered ends.

RavenBaby
March 22nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
I have those too but their from breakage from bleach. but in your pic they look like new hairs to me cause without them you would have a normal front hairline anyway.

jacqueline101
March 22nd, 2013, 10:32 AM
They're new growth.

Apriori
March 22nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
Thank you for the answers, it was helpfull :)
I haven't experienced any hair loss so it's not regrowth. I think the hairs tapper but it is a little difficult to judge myself. I'm definitly gonna ask somebody to look at it to be sure. I really hope it's new growth :)