PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner for preserving waves

cherry blossom
March 21st, 2013, 02:11 PM
Dear all,
I have thin hair (circumference -wise) and my individual strands are thick cand coarse. I am recovering from post partum fall and I think I have finally crossed the toughest part. I have BSL length hair and I am aiming for Waist by Christmas..
I have stated using conditioner only a year ago. The conditionerI have tried (Nature's gate jojoba conditioner) makes me lose all my wave patterns resulting in stick straight hair, that is too slippery for even a jaw clip as well as looks pathetically thin.
This caused me to stop conditioner sometime back..
However, now at BSL, I find that if I use conditioner, there is less breakage/damage and hairloss.. But I dont want that weighed down look too.. My waves give body and structure to my thin fine hair..
Can someone please recommend what shampoos and conditioners may help me with this problem ?

Thanks
CB

MiaBeth
March 21st, 2013, 02:15 PM
Spray-in conditioners work well for my fine hair -- not sure what a good natural one is. Some people have luck with mineral oil after shampooing.

cherry blossom
March 21st, 2013, 02:23 PM
Hi MiaBeth,
Thanks a lot for quick reply - I have never used spray in conditioners.. Do you have fine hair yourself too ? What spray in do you use ?
and, about mineral oil - should i put that in a squirt bottle and spray on my hair ? or just apply to my ends..
Sorry for all the questions.. I am wandering here all the time admiring and dreaming but not actually 'doing' much to my hair- hence the naive questions..

Love
CB

lapushka
March 21st, 2013, 04:48 PM
You might have luck with a light conditioner like a Suave conditioner, or just a leave-in or spray detangler.

Suze2012
March 22nd, 2013, 02:20 AM
My hair is pretty fine and can easily get weighed down by conditioner.

I co wash and use quite a runny condish for that and then for a leave in i use a silicone free one but I'm very careful about the amount I use and I only use it from ear level down.
I did try daily oiling of the ends on a few occasions but that weighs me down more.

As suggested if you have tried cutting down on the amount you use then putting some in a spray bottle and adding water to dilute it could be the way forward.

Also, just a thought but when i put my leave in condish on I do so when it's reallly sopping wet, I just do one squeeze to get some water out. As there's still so much water still in my hair I need less conditioner to spread through my hair as it's pretty much being diluted as it goes on and so spreads further.

if my hair were a lot less wet I would end up using more condish in order to get the slippy feel - and I woudl end up weighed down.

If that makes sense? :)