PDA

View Full Version : I surprised my hairdresser!

Long_hair_bear
March 20th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Ah, life's little victories! I went in to my hair dresser's to get my bi-monthly torture, I mean eyebrow wax, done. Every time I go in for this, my hairdresser, whom many of you know I hold in the upmost regard, checks my ends to see if I need a trim.

Today, she said my hair looked absolutely wonderful, especially considering its winter! She was very suprised and wanted to know my secret! I told her mainly the LHC and coconut oil as a prewash, but wearing my hair up during the day, braided at night, stretching washes, and the tangle teezer have all helped too. :)

It felt good to be told how lovely my hair is and how much its grown by my hairdresser. I cannot see these things for myself. :o

jacqueline101
March 20th, 2013, 09:34 PM
That's wonderful news.

Kaelee
March 20th, 2013, 10:12 PM
I loved hearing from hairdressers how nice my hair is...when I went to a hair dresser, I surprised her regularly!!! :D

joflakes
March 21st, 2013, 02:02 AM
Aww, that's really cool! I bet it feels great to be told by a hair dresser. It annoys me that the hairdressers I've asked if I need a trim just look without being close up or picking up my hair and go...."cut off the dead ends". Erm...all hair is dead.

browneyedsusan
March 21st, 2013, 02:59 PM
How nice! She must be very observant. A lot of them don't even look closely at the ends, they just cut or dust'em!

FireFromWithin
March 21st, 2013, 03:25 PM
I never know whether to feel good that my hair is in good shape or insulted that the hairdresser is surprised that my hair is well taken care of.

It's good that she noticed though and didn't just try to talk you into a chop anyway, it's always nice to find hairdressers who understand growing hair.

Long_hair_bear
March 21st, 2013, 03:27 PM
Ya she's super awesome like that. She never tries to get me to cut my hair and when she does trim it, she takes so little off that you can't even see it on the floor! (dusting)

Kaelee
March 21st, 2013, 10:11 PM
Ya she's super awesome like that. She never tries to get me to cut my hair and when she does trim it, she takes so little off that you can't even see it on the floor! (dusting)

That is awesome! She must love your hair! Wish they were all like that! :D