PDA

View Full Version : Sock buns? Girl, please...

Nedertane
March 20th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I mean, come on. You can have Hot Buns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrxV_EmwroM

For real though, this commercial. Oh my God, this commercial...

lmfbs
March 20th, 2013, 07:32 PM
She's SO excited.

Also, it looks like velcro. I feel like that snapping mechanism would damage hair too. Eep. Not for me!

kidari
March 20th, 2013, 07:32 PM
How funny! It does look easier to roll up than a sock bun and seems like it's lighter weight. That commercial is hilariously corny. Thanks for sharing! I am kind of tempted though.

ravenreed
March 20th, 2013, 07:41 PM
I bought a set. The large made my bun bigger than my whole head. I may try a half-up with the small one.

Nedertane
March 20th, 2013, 07:54 PM
I bought a set. The large made my bun bigger than my whole head. I may try a half-up with the small one.

Really? You liked it otherwise, then? I had the same concerns about damage that someone else had because I thought it looked like Velcro as well.

kidari
March 20th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Really? You liked it otherwise, then? I had the same concerns about damage that someone else had because I thought it looked like Velcro as well.

I was actually thinking the same thing... can you tell us if it's foam or velcro? I was scared it was velcro, which is the only thing keeping me from placing an order.

jojo
March 20th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I roll my sock buns using either a sock or the large doughnuts, you do get amazing body and waves with them

WaitingSoLong
March 20th, 2013, 08:42 PM
THIS (http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/537188089/70pcs-Lot-Bun-Clip-Magic-Bun-Maker-Bun-Former-Hair-Twist.jpg)thing has been around for ages and no velcroe or snaps. Never tried one, though.

LadyKate
March 20th, 2013, 08:56 PM
"The secret is in the shaft..." Oh. My. God. Hilarious. However, in spite of the laughably awful commercial, I am intrigued...

Kaelee
March 20th, 2013, 10:16 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It really seems like a good idea though, but I'd be concerned about damage too. If anyone tries one of these, do tell how they work!

Quixii
March 20th, 2013, 10:18 PM
That commercial was pretty hilarious. :laugh:

I get really nervous about anything that involves rolling my hair up, though. It just shouts, "Here, have tangles!" to me. But maybe it works. I do like the idea of it.

ravenreed
March 20th, 2013, 10:44 PM
It is velcro. I was just careful when removing it.

I was actually thinking the same thing... can you tell us if it's foam or velcro? I was scared it was velcro, which is the only thing keeping me from placing an order.

Quixii
March 21st, 2013, 12:20 AM
Oof, definitely not getting it if it's velcro. However, I'm starting to think it should be reasonably easy to make your own, right? Follow similar instructions for the knitted sock bun thing, only don't sew the ends together and fashion some sort of hook... Hmm..

melusine963
March 21st, 2013, 01:30 AM
Good grief, could they have crammed any more innuendoes in there? :doh:

katelyn123
March 21st, 2013, 01:46 AM
This looks even more difficult than a sock bun to me? how can they say sock buns are hard to do?

joflakes
March 21st, 2013, 02:11 AM
innuendo city! :laugh:

It does look pretty cool apart from the velcro though. I can't do sock buns at all! Whenever I try they always fail, so I stopped trying!

Angela_Rose
March 21st, 2013, 04:04 AM
Bwahahaha! I love it. Those ladies are nuts.

Sticking with my rolled-up leg warmer, thank you.

kidari
March 21st, 2013, 04:07 AM
THIS (http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/537188089/70pcs-Lot-Bun-Clip-Magic-Bun-Maker-Bun-Former-Hair-Twist.jpg)thing has been around for ages and no velcroe or snaps. Never tried one, though.

I have always always wanted one of those! I haven't bought one yet simply because I cannot find a place that sells them and I have to buy it somewhere online like Ebay or something. I have a strange obsession for bun makers for some reason.

kidari
March 21st, 2013, 04:09 AM
It is velcro. I was just careful when removing it.

Oh wow, thank you for telling us. I'm going to have to pass on it then. I can see how that would really securely hold a bun though.

WaitingSoLong
March 21st, 2013, 04:54 AM
That commercial was pretty hilarious. :laugh:

I get really nervous about anything that involves rolling my hair up, though. It just shouts, "Here, have tangles!" to me. But maybe it works. I do like the idea of it.

It makes me cringe! I did a sock bun ONCE. Never again.

Good grief, could they have crammed any more innuendoes in there? :doh:

LOL yes but now it is getting passed around and exposure to potential customers!

browneyedsusan
March 21st, 2013, 05:25 AM
Holy corniness, Batman!

I can just imagine Quixii or WaitingSoLong with that "big fatty"! Their buns would be bigger than their heads!

faellen
March 21st, 2013, 05:29 AM

I have one of these and to be honest, I don't like it much. It's hard to bring the ends together, which is why the snap on "hot buns" looks easier in my opinion. Corny advert but I'd try them out if they weren't Velcro...

cathair
March 21st, 2013, 08:48 AM

Thank you for posting this, my OH has one he insists is for making ponytails not buns. I am going to e-mail him the instructions :D :D :D