PDA

View Full Version : What type of ficcare would you recommend?

Raging Wolf
March 18th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone,

My hair borders on 8cm/9cm is approximately 26 inches in length. I would love to be able to use flexi 8 to create some nice half ups and lazy buns. Since, I don't have a lot of experience with buns, never mind braids. I could really use some good advice on some easy updos and things.

Thanks,

Melissa

Natalia
March 18th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Im a little confused are you looking for reccomendations for a ficcare or sizing for a flexi-8? I dont have a ficcare and i only have two sizes of flexis's, i prefer mine on the big side and a large holds my TB length thin/fine hair in a nautilus bun if that helps. I think an x-large would be more comfortable but the large is doable.

jojo
March 19th, 2013, 11:37 AM
For a ficcare youd probably need a medium, same for a flexi 8! Dont quite understand which one it is your after sizing with, so hope my answer helps

Raging Wolf
March 19th, 2013, 08:38 PM
I completely messed up the question I was asking, because I thought they were one in the same thing. Come to find out they are two separate things completely and I am sorry for the confusion. I know how to do a basic bun and hold it up in hair stick. It took me a while to master that one. I hear people talking about messy buns and half ups but I am not sure what they are talking about. I am completely at a loss about the Nautilus bun that you were referring too, Natalia. The only two braids that I know are the basic ponytail brain and an inverted french braid that used to do when I was a teenager, so anything else is a mystery to me. I am trying to learn, but I am not sure what type I can do with my hair type and length. This is why I looking toward the board and the talented members here for some guidance and advise on what I could to jazz up my limited skills and hair toys. Thanks for trying to make heads or tails of my rather confusing question.

Natalia
March 19th, 2013, 09:36 PM
I completely messed up the question I was asking, because I thought they were one in the same thing. Come to find out they are two separate things completely and I am sorry for the confusion. I know how to do a basic bun and hold it up in hair stick. It took me a while to master that one. I hear people talking about messy buns and half ups but I am not sure what they are talking about. I am completely at a loss about the Nautilus bun that you were referring too, Natalia. The only two braids that I know are the basic ponytail brain and an inverted french braid that used to do when I was a teenager, so anything else is a mystery to me. I am trying to learn, but I am not sure what type I can do with my hair type and length. This is why I looking toward the board and the talented members here for some guidance and advise on what I could to jazz up my limited skills and hair toys. Thanks for trying to make heads or tails of my rather confusing question.

Ahhhh ok got it. Yes it all can be confusing when your new. The articles section is still down but that can be very helpful. In general if its a style you dont know try youtube. Here is one of the nautilus bun - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS-BQ5OMV2Y - .

If you have a length picture it would help to show us what your working with texture wise as well. Were friendly :) if you want to know something compile a few questions and post it back here :)

Raging Wolf
March 23rd, 2013, 07:34 PM
I am trying to figure out how to post a picture of my hair on here.

Natalia
March 23rd, 2013, 07:45 PM
I am trying to figure out how to post a picture of my hair on here.

I find it easiest to use a host like photobucket. They provide you a cut and paste link to share on a forum.

Raging Wolf
March 24th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Let see if I got this right... Well it's not very flattering of me, but here is what my hair looks like when it is just washed and detangled with my fingers...http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/Silverwolf70/4dabc210-2b8a-42b2-884f-1004ca8dc301.jpg...

Raging Wolf
March 24th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Here is a different one taken the same day. So, I am trying to figure out if I am 1a or 1b or mix of the two... http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/Silverwolf70/6c439da6-ca12-4544-9bab-d7395021130f.jpg

Raging Wolf
March 24th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Now here comes the interesting question. I got two flexi8 size medium and 1 small. The small one is great for half ups, but the medium can't hold all of my hair in a bun. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my hair into a french twist or something along that line. It comes out in a horrible disaster to say the very least. So now that you can see my hair. What can I do with it? Thank you for all of your help so far, Natalia. :)

Natalia
March 24th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Now here comes the interesting question. I got two flexi8 size medium and 1 small. The small one is great for half ups, but the medium can't hold all of my hair in a bun. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my hair into a french twist or something along that line. It comes out in a horrible disaster to say the very least. So now that you can see my hair. What can I do with it? Thank you for all of your help so far, Natalia. :)

Well im not the best at hairtyping so i dont think im of much use there. I have to sit with the chart up and touch my hair to figure it out :o. What typ eof bun did you try with the medium? Center held buns like the nautilus give you more wiggle room. You could also use the flexi to hold the ponytail and wrap the rest of your hair around it. That technique works especially well with braided buns. A wap bun....or laybe lazy wrap i get them confused its the one with the two loops is good flexi style too. My hair has been to long to comfortably fit in a french twist since i learned how to do one lol. For that i siggest browsing youtube with search words like long hair twist, french twist long, ect... I wish i had the srticles section to link to so much great stuff burried in there. For now youtube is probably the best bet. You can search on here too but its a little finicky. Somewhere on here there are instructions on how to google search this site specifically but ive never mastered it.