PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to see my progress for the year?

IndigoOptimist
March 18th, 2013, 06:29 PM
I'd just like to thank the LHC for such helpful tips! I've been trying to grow my hair out for 3 years and this year I've really seen a difference! Even though I joined the forum in 2011, I didn't really start putting anything I read into practice till a year later. I thought that it sounded like a lot of time consuming work, but I was wrong, and I wish I'd started doing things differently from the beginning :doh: I've just written out a blog post about it with a picture of my hair from 2 years ago if anyone want to see that http://indigo-optimist.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/a-year-down-line.html ;)

The first picture was taken in February last year and the other was taken today. The very ends of my hair are BSL (just), but I won't call it till those little bits are mid back, because they're so thin it doesn't really count :P

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/rose_art/comio_zpscb18d5fa.jpg

Once again, thank you all for the wonderful tips and tricks I've found here. And also the support and encouragement; when I feel like dying my hair, or cutting it off, I just come and look at the lovely, long locks of some of you ladies on here :)

Allychan
March 18th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Hey that is awesome progress!! I love the colour.
ps: I read your blog post I think you meant 'gentle with it'??;)

IndigoOptimist
March 18th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Hey that is awesome progress!! I love the colour.
ps: I read your blog post I think you meant 'gentle with it'??;)

Thank you :)
Oops, so I did!! I'm dyslexic, so if it looks about right then I'll use it :s

lapushka
March 18th, 2013, 07:48 PM
You've made some great progress. :D :thumbsup:

Unicorn
March 18th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Goodness that's a lot of progress in a year. I absolutely love the colour.

Unicorn

winship2
March 18th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Looking dramatically more healthy, and that shine really makes the color sing. Beautiful!

jacqueline101
March 18th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Hair looks great.

Allychan
March 18th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Thank you :)
Oops, so I did!! I'm dyslexic, so if it looks about right then I'll use it :s

It made me giggle. I am dyslexic with numbers so I get it

IndigoOptimist
March 19th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Thank you all very much!
So many people here have commented on the colour and how they like it. I like it too, but I get a lot of comments from colleagues and customers that aren't always as nice... They ones from my colleagues are harmless banter, however I was told by a customer not too long ago that 'it's ok, there are things you can do about that now, there are dyes'. Thank you very much for liking my colour :)

browneyedsusan
March 19th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Your color is gorgeous! --I read somewhere that Brits are not fans of red hair. It isn't THAT red, but maybe moving out of the country would help? --just teasing!
It really is beautiful. That head of hair is a lovely gift.