PDA

View Full Version : Just tried Feye's V cut

heyshortyhey
March 17th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Since my hair is really unruly today and really frizzy, I wanted to do the last step to double check, but I have no idea what she's talking about, and this livejournal post seems to have been from 06. She says there's more updates coming soon, but I don't see anything? Is there an updated tutorial or video that will show me how to double check my hemline? I did the slight one, where you tilt your head back. Thanks!

"Finally you can bring all hair to one side (i.e. not parted in the middle) and then comb it and trim it following the steps above. You do this to make sure that you haven't missed any strands (this might happen if your part isn't exactly in the middle of your head). Snip off all strands that are longer than the rest of the hair, and make sure that it's even. Then comb all hair to the other side too and do the same. Comb a couple of times from side to side if you're uncertain that it's really even.

Note: If this sounds confusing, please skip this step. Clearer pics will be added later."

NightOwl26
March 17th, 2013, 07:37 PM
There's a YouTube video called feyes self trim or something like that. She does what you just described. To be safe, I have my sister double check my hemline. Let someone you trust even it out for you.

heyshortyhey
March 17th, 2013, 07:48 PM
There's a YouTube video called feyes self trim or something like that. She does what you just described. To be safe, I have my sister double check my hemline. Let someone you trust even it out for you.

I only saw her U cut ones, not the V. does it make a difference?

cathair
March 17th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Have you seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Erf49Eyxc

It says in the notes on screen that you only do step 1, the bit with the pigtails, if you want a deep V cut. I've been trying to work out how you control how deep the V is.

heyshortyhey
March 17th, 2013, 08:15 PM
I think the thing that is confusing me is I don't wear my hair parted down the middle ever. So when I part it the way I normally wear it, is the cut I put in not going to look the same? My brain is not processing things lol

littlestarface
March 17th, 2013, 10:56 PM
I never got the feyes cutting either,I always ended up with one side longer no matter what I would do. I have to have one of my family members cut it.

~honeyflower~
March 17th, 2013, 11:25 PM
I tried both centering and parting it the way I normally would. Here is what I learned, when I center it while I'm trimming. I get a layered look when I part it to the side. So...

When I trim, I part it like how I normally do (side part) and I don't get the layering. I might add though, you do have to part it the same everytime to have the perfect v shape otherwise (for me) it kinda looks like a u-shape. Maybe I haven't perfected my cut yet....but I finally figured out that if you want a side part,then you trim with a side part. If that makes sense.

Hopefully a hairdresser or Feye might see this and solve this problem but in the meantime, I'll just keep trimming this way.