PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for light brown henna mix

Libbylou
March 17th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Does anyone have a recipe for light brown, even dark blond henna mix? I only want to change my silvers not my natural hair color.
I have been using a kit from Cathrine's shop "Cinnamon" by Ancient Sunrise. I only do glosses. so a box lasts a long time. However, buxus is no longer available.
So before I waltz into Cathrine's shop and bug her, I would like to know if anyone on this forum has a recipe.

SleepyTangles
March 17th, 2013, 06:28 AM
I've done a "cinnamon" like mix on a friend's bleached blonde hair, it resulted in a nice bronze colour. Lighter than an henndigo, but not light per se.
I've never done a light brown, but if it where me I'd just mix an henndigo with some cassia (1 part henna, 1 part indigo and 2 or more parts of cassia). Or throw a spoonful of henndigo paste in a bowl of conditioner/hair mask and do a very diluited gloss.

If you are fair-haired I'd keep henna and indigo ratio to 1:1, or if you dislike reddish undertone within a maximum of 1:2, since cassia is translucent and henna may be not enough to counteract indigo bluish dye.
If I remember correctly, the old mixes of Mehandi for blond hair (chai and butterscoth) were something like 1 or 2 part of henna, 1 part of katam, 4 part of cassia.

That's all I can remember. Hope someone with more experience will see your thread :flower: